Oregon Any Portland area RFFers?

Phil_F_NM

Camera hacker
Local time
12:18 PM
I'm going to be in the Portland, Oregon area for 5 days coming up (Thursday 9 Feb, through Monday 13 Feb) and would love to meet for coffee or some good beer if anyone is up for it. I can't wait to sip on a Deschutes Obsidian Stout. It's been far too long.

Thanks all!

Phil Forrest

Bump

Bump

Been an interesting few days. I came out here for a wedding.
Scrambling around with my friend Mike (the groom) Friday, tying up loose ends before the wedding and honeymoon.
Today (Saturday) was a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy themed wedding at Voodoo Doughnut on Sandy in Portland.
Now I'm working through all the images I took over the last few days.

I have Sunday free if any RFF members in the Portland/Vancouver area happen to be free. I'm actually up in Ridgefield but it's a short drive down to either town.

Phil Forrest

Sorry I did not see this earlier. I am in Portland, just across from Vancouver, but don't think I will have time to get away today. I hope you enjoyed your stay.
Jay

Best thing to do might be looking up the PDX group on flickr. They have fairly regular meet-ups that could launch your local networking. There's also Photographers Forum through the Portland Art Museum.

I was in Portland about a year ago for a few days. What a wonderful pedestrian city. Took advantage of all the great urban landscapes along the river and crossed every bridge on foot shooting an old Nikon F3P with a Noct-Nikkor.

The Noct-Nikkor came in handy one night. In one of your downtown parks is this life sized bronze of a business man holding an umbrella. I was waiting nearby for a trolley, when I noticed two tourists sexually molesting the statue by grabbing the guys butt, then they proceeded to mount him and rearing into him while touching their toes all along they were taking pictures of each other.

Meanwhile I was making some noise with my motordrive capturing the hilarity of the moment. My girlfriend who was with me didn't think it was funny. Eventually the two girls took notice and asked me what I'm doing, and I said, "I'm a tourist like you just having a good time."

Anyways was shooting Tri-X at night at 1/15 of a second. I was only hoping that I might get perhaps a shot or two that might be good, but I got a few that make an interesting series.

Cal

PDX / Oregon RFFers

PDX / Oregon RFFers

Quote: Best thing to do might be looking up the PDX group on flickr. They have fairly regular meet-ups that could launch your local networking. There's also Photographers Forum through the Portland Art Museum.
Thanks, Joe, this is helpful to know. I know I'd like to be able to connect more to PDX RFFers when I'm up there.

I'm down in Eugene, and would be happy to be a meet-up resource in this part of the Willamette Valley
(caveat to travelers/visitors: I live in a big county--bigger than Connecticut, and stretching from the Cascades to the Pacific.

I'm a recovering Portlander, and there's no shortage of scenes to shoot in Oregon: insouciant people, stunning landscapes, the coast, fields of flowers, etc. Best of luck to you current Oregonians.

Check out Powell'e Books for photo-related books. I found the Contax Way (RF that is) in that store, and then I had to be dragged out by my wife and daughter...

Check out Powell'e Books for photo-related books. I found the Contax Way (RF that is) in that store, and then I had to be dragged out by my wife and daughter...

Powels is a great book store period. Lots of great books.

I was in love with Portland's bridges, especially the Iron Bridge.

Cal

Back