Other Areas Any RFF-ers in the DC area?

boomguy57

Well-known
Local time
1:26 PM
I'll be in the DC-Baltimore area for the spring (end of January through Memorial Day) for work, and on my own, and wondering if there are any RFF-ers around who are game to meet up, talk shop, and perhaps go out shooting. I've never been to the East Coast (though I've traveled extensively) and would love to see the sights and meet some people.

Anyone?

I'm about 20 minutes north of DC in Rockville, MD. Never heard ofa local meetup, though from the profiles and galleries I know there are at least a few others around here.

Funny - you're coming from a place that's on my list to visit someday. Anything in particular you'd like to see around here?

Sweet. If there is another meeting, I'd love to get in on that. Maybe when the weather gets better we can arrange something to go shooting?

Sorry I missed this sooner. I am south of DC about 20 miles or so. There are many things to see in the whole area, not just DC. I would be up for a meetup. Perhaps we could get several from the area to do something.

That's great!

We should arrange a meet, and I only gravitated to DC as I'm not from the area and haven't ever been there. I figure it has great stuff and it serves as a basis for those living in the area.

The Leica Store had a shoot with the New model S2 and 70mm cs (leaf shutter) lens today, great fun but I am just looking at the files tonight and they are large to say the least.
Tomorrow from 3-5 they are having a monthly meeting coffee and critique, bring a couple of prints or images on a flash drive. They are trying to have something the last Sunday of every month. So when you get here sing out and I am sure a number of us can get together and do something.
wbill

I'm not in DC but will be there for a week at the end of February. I'll be sure to check in here and see if there are an RFF meetups happening while I'm there...

I'm in Baltimore, which is a great place for street photography. Check out the Film in Baltimore group on Flickr. Meet-ups are held monthly.

Graffiti, oldish buildings, and more graffiti

Graffiti, oldish buildings, and more graffiti

Aside from the Marble Touristy stuff (no, that is not the Supreme Court, it's the National Archives), there is a fairish amound of oldish architecture in the 1-2-3 storeys tall category, which should be filmed before it is gentrified, torn down, or both. And graffiti, some of which is squirreled away, some you can scout from Metrobuses or Metrorail, but walking the main/side drags is very productive. (live in Silver Spring, north tip of the Diamond")

I'm in Baltimore as well. If you ever come up this way, let me know. Or if there is a meet up etc. I'll subscribe to this thread.
And as other has mentioned, there are other things around the area too.

Good stuff. I am not in DC specifically, but rather near Fort Meade, so Baltimore isn't far off for me. A meetup might be in order!

Back