Any Yashica Electro 35 owner here?

xwinus

Local time
8:52 AM
Hello,
recently I have purchased the Yashica Electro 35 GSN rangefinder in really mint state, with POD replaced, the only issue I have is the rangefinder. When you turn your focus ring to infinity, is your rangefinder also focused to infinity? Because mine is not, it’s slightly behind. I need to know this in order to align the rangefinder. There is only one screw under the hot shoe for horizontal alignment, right? When I align the RF to infinity, will it be aligned properly through the entire lens focus range?
Thank you very much.

That should do the trick. Though it doesn't hurt to check if the distance scale matches the RF image at close range.

Adjustment of the screw for infinity focus should be okay for most shooting. If you are going to be doing closer work, though, you should check the rangefinder at one meter. If the rangefinder needs adjustment at that distance, there is a hex nut under the link arm under the front of the rangefinder parallax mask that controls close focus. You'll need a 5mm wrench to adjust it.

After you adjust it, check the infinity focus again. It may take some back-and-forth adjustment of both distances to get everything set right. Be sure that the end of the rangefinder return spring is in the hook at the top of the rangefinder mask when you finish.

For this and other repairs you should also check out the Yashica-Guy website. I believe he posted the repair manual for these cameras on the site for free a long time ago.

Back