Any Zeiss Ikon ZM owners in the SF Bay Area?

jjcha

Established
Local time
9:52 AM
Hey, I'm seriously considering getting one but have a concern about the ergonomics. Specifically, the distance from the strap lug to the shutter button.

I have a Leica M and a Minolta CLE and the CLE, despite being a smaller camera, has a greater lug to shutter button distance. This prevents my admittedly short finger from naturally resting on the shutter button when there's a camera strap on the lug. This isn't a problem at all for me with the Leica M, but that's a much shorter distance.

Looking at the photos, it's hard for me to determine if the Zeiss Ikon ZM has the same issue. It kinda looks to be inbetween the CLE and Leica M.

I was hoping there was someone local to me that wouldn't mind me handling his/her camera to figure this out before I pull the trigger on buying one online.

Best regards,

-Jason

Have you talked to Glass Key Photo in SF? They are a Zeiss dealer, I think. Call or drop a note and see what they have around. They have a ZM listed for sale on their site at the moment, an Sw with no finder but maybe the basic layout is the same as other bodies.

https://www.glasskeyphoto.com/

Have you talked to Glass Key Photo in SF? They are a Zeiss dealer, I think. Call or drop a note and see what they have around. They have a ZM listed for sale on their site at the moment, an Sw with no finder but maybe the basic layout is the same as other bodies.

https://www.glasskeyphoto.com/

That, is an excellent idea. My understanding is the SW is the same layout.
Thanks!

Who knows, they might even have a used or dealer camera to sell you? :) Never hurts to support local brick and mortar operations....

I was hoping there was someone local to me that wouldn't mind me handling his/her camera to figure this out before I pull the trigger on buying one online.

Best regards,

-Jason

I've got one, and I'm in Oakland/Emeryville. PM me.

I've got one, and I'm in Oakland/Emeryville. PM me.

Thanks, I appreciate the offer. I visited Glass Key Photo and checked out their SW and made the determination that yes, the shutter to lug distance is in fact somewhere between a CLE and Leica M.

Decisions, decisions...

Back