Anybody worked on one of these?

Tim_G

Local time
11:08 PM
Hi all, I have two of these Yashica 35's one is a 2.8 and one is 1.9 but the 1.9 has shutter cocking problems also bits and pieces are in better repair, like the counter glass and the viewfinder.

I'd like to get the lens and pieces onto the 2.8 body but am stumped as to how to remove this lens, I have only worked on some sticky shutters before (minister and canonet type) any experience of this out there, or am i wasting my time? the 2.8 takes great shots I just fancy the extra stop.

ther is a picture here:
http://www.geoghegandsl.clara.net/images/DSC00170.JPG

thanks for any advice

I tried to fix a Lynx 14, After a week I handed a plastick bag full of pieces to a friend of mine who has a Lynx 14 as well, just in case he need spares :)

Diego K.

thanks

thanks

Ok I guess its a 'display model' then, I did take the 1.9 to a repair palce in Bristol and they couldnt help.

One thing we usually do is to buy more than one camera of every model, and decide upon examination which one deserves to be rapaired or the nice honor of being donor... it´s not so cheap, but it works! Flea markets usually are a good supply of spare cameras/parts.
Unless the design of mechanical links in both cameras are exactly the same (which surely is not), I wouldn´t try any major surgery.

Back