Washington (state) Anyone from the Vancouver-Richmond area?

nickvesq

Local time
4:29 AM
Hi, is anyone here from the area?

I will be there visiting my sister and her family during the second week of May. I'd like to get info on the following:

1. Where I can buy film (black and white and color as well)

2. Where can I go to do street photography?

Thanks a lot.

Nick

Nick,
I'm not from there, but do visit numerous times throughout the year....
Can't help you with film stores, but regarding street photog - you'll have ample opportunity anywhere downtown Vancouver. The core is varied and each community is distinctive and different from one another. Some of my favourite locales for shooting:
Chinatown (of course)
East Pender/Hastings/Gastown area
Financial district
Sea wall/English bay
Denman & Davie St.
Robson St.
Yaletown
Granville/False Creek
Kitsilano & Kerrisdale

Have a wonderful time & share some pics when you can.
Cheers!

jky left out Main Street and the Commercial Drive area - some of my favourite street shooting locales. There are some Filipino food stores near Main and Broadway if you get homesick!
For film check out Leo's Camera Supply downtown on Granville. They also have lots of RF gear - Leica, Voigtlander, Konica. They rent Voigtlander stuff and XPan stuff!
www.leoscamera.com

Photogdave, I've always wanted to stroll Main St & Commercial - what vibrant places!
Nick, I frequent Aling Mary's (I think it's on Main) for their pandesal. And yes, there's a couple of restaurants on Broadway - Goldilocks (the Filipino staple) & I forget the other one, but they're not too far apart.
Take care!.

Thanks for the info, guys! They are very helpful and will certainly make my visit more convenient. Rob and jky, will send you PMs.

Back