Anyone have a Canon pro 1000?

mrtoml

Mancunian
Local time
1:07 PM
The pro 1000 printer I have keeps freezing every few days. For example, I use the printer's menu to do a nozzle check and the printer becomes unresponsive and none of the buttons work.

I then cannot print at all. The panel is still lit, but I can't do anything.

Sometimes when I print it freezes midway through printing and none of the buttons work. Again the panel is still showing that it is printing, but nothing is actually happening.

The only way I have found to fix this is to completely unplug it from the electricity supply. But then when it comes back on it dumps a huge amount of (very expensive) ink into the maintenance tank so this is not a great solution.

Any ideas?

The pro 1000 printer I have keeps freezing every few days. For example, I use the printer's menu to do a nozzle check and the printer becomes unresponsive and none of the buttons work.

I then cannot print at all. The panel is still lit, but I can't do anything.

Sometimes when I print it freezes midway through printing and none of the buttons work. Again the panel is still showing that it is printing, but nothing is actually happening.

The only way I have found to fix this is to completely unplug it from the electricity supply. But then when it comes back on it dumps a huge amount of (very expensive) ink into the maintenance tank so this is not a great solution.

Any ideas?

I have it, love it... never had any issues with it at all.... Hmmm, firmware up to date on it? If it is.... I think its going into the shop.... Did you call Canon they have been somewhat helpful in the past...

Actually iI am on the latest 3.01 already :(

Want printer driver are you using? I remember I upgraded the Mac OS and all the colors were off.... I then updated the drivers and firmware and the color came back:) I don't think this is your problem.... But check the drivers...

I have had this printer for about three years. I have never had any issues; it always has worked perfectly. But even working normally, a lot of ink goes into that maintenance tank. I am planning to upgrade to an iPF 2100 in a few months so I can print bigger, use paper rolls and increase the size of the ink tanks.

Concerning color management, I print from the Canon Print Studio plug-in, I use custom profiles for my papers that are made by my Canon value added dealer, and I apply the profile in Photoshop/Edit/Convert to Profile so I print without applying a profile in Print Studio.

Want printer driver are you using? I remember I upgraded the Mac OS and all the colors were off.... I then updated the drivers and firmware and the color came back:) I don't think this is your problem.... But check the drivers...

I recently reinstalled everything when I upgraded to mac big sur so I believe I have the latest drivers. In any case today I was operating the nozzle check via the printers maintenance menu on the printer itself so it was not using any printer driver and it still froze unfortunately.

I have a pro100, not the 1000, but just a question, do you connect via wi-fi or cable? if you are wifi connected try the usb cable and see if it's the same...

I have a pro100, not the 1000, but just a question, do you connect via wi-fi or cable? if you are wifi connected try the usb cable and see if it's the same...

I have tried usb and ethernet. I haven’t tried wifi. I think this is an issue with the printer rather than the connection. I started the nozzle check from the printer’s own control panel and it froze. You don’t even need to have a computer connected to do this AFAIK.

This sounds like a issue with the printer itself, i've got one as well (pro 1000), but never happened to me. I'm guessing it's still under warranty?

Back