anyone have a line on a 1/2 case or full body case for the gxr?

RooX

Local time
7:10 PM
ebay only has this 1/3 case, not enough protection for my liking. the Ricoh brand case/strap is nice enough, but over a hundred bucks after shipping. Any other low'er cost options i am missing (under 60 or so shipped)?

ebay only has this 1/3 case, not enough protection for my liking. the Ricoh brand case/strap is nice enough, but over a hundred bucks after shipping. Any other low'er cost options i am missing (under 60 or so shipped)?

The Ricoh half case is $61 at B&H with free shipping. It protects both sides of the camera, and the bottom, from scratches, so that offers more protection than the one you cited. It's what I use, and my camera looks brand new after more than a year of moderate use.

Tom

Shipping to Canada via Purolator would be $9 + GST and duty.
I don't bother with a case for mine.

yeah, b&h goes from $62 to $94 thanks to handling fees.

not sure a hundred bucks is my buy price for something the color of a band-aid! :)

the color of a band-aid! :)
Another reason I don't have a case for the GXR.
I've added grips and removed cases for all of my cameras, including the Monochrom and M7. The extra bulk and inconvenience didn't make up for their protection.

The Ricoh half case is $61 at B&H with free shipping. It protects both sides of the camera, and the bottom, from scratches, so that offers more protection than the one you cited. It's what I use, and my camera looks brand new after more than a year of moderate use.

Tom

If anyone is still looking: I also like the Ricoh case because it has a fairly well-designed flap on the left side, allowing you to switch lens modules with the case still on. Theirs is the only case with which I'm familiar, but that is a feature you want!

TD

Back