Anyone have experience of russian post to UK ?

davidswiss

Established
Local time
7:43 AM
Hello all. I recently bought a Kiev 4AM from Oleg Khalyavin, the tracking shows it was released by Russian customs on 3rd June and I suppose is waiting a flight out to the UK. I understand that the dreaded virus has put most flights on hold, but does anyone know if there are any flying between Moscow and the UK ?

In good times it takes a long time. Checking Aeroflot for example there are no flights listed from Russia to the UK for the next 5 days, which is when I got bored and stopped checking.

Reconcile yourself to a long wait!

In good times it takes a long time. Checking Aeroflot for example there are no flights listed from Russia to the UK for the next 5 days, which is when I got bored and stopped checking.

Reconcile yourself to a long wait!

Thanks for the reply Charles. I guessed it was so but hoped that another, maybe russian, forum member would somehow have happier info.

If it was sent by Russian post with tracking, it shows details here:
https://www.pochta.ru/tracking

Doesn't matter which country to.

I had bulk of film as gift once from Moscow. Tracking was showing how it was tossed between customs and shipping several times in Sheremetievo airport. It spent weeks in this loop.

I have been waiting for a lens from Oleg since 4/30. According to tracking it was released from customs on 5/5 and there has not been any activity of any kind since then. i have emailed Oleg about it but he has not responded. i assume because he does not know what to say. I guess all any of us can do is be patient.

In normal times, Russian and Ukrainian post to the UK flows very well, and I've received items in a week to 10 days.

However, with the pandemic that's changed - I had a package from Ukraine take nearly six weeks recently - the vast majority of the time it was stuck at Heathrow waiting to be scanned.

I must have been lucky in the past - I think I have had three packages arrive from Russia, and they all arrived within a couple of weeks. But even domestic post has slowed down recently, so international could take a loooooonnnggg time...

I have been waiting for a lens from Oleg since 4/30. According to tracking it was released from customs on 5/5 and there has not been any activity of any kind since then. i have emailed Oleg about it but he has not responded. i assume because he does not know what to say. I guess all any of us can do is be patient.
Hi! I answer all emails, looks like yours is lost somewhere.
And you are absolutely right, what can I say about delivery now...
Some parcels have no update after clearing by customs, some parcels exported, but it's a last status with no update too. But some lucky parcels moves within reasonable speed.
Looks like all postal systems got a huge backlogs now.
Hope all parcels will reach addresses.

Yesterday I received an Orion 15 from Russia, it was posted on May 17th and it left the customs office in Moskva on the 7th of June. And we are neighbors with Russia!

Not Russia, but similar experience with national postal service. I bought a Plaubel Makina 670 and it arrived from Japan to Canada in a lightning fast 3 days. At the same time I bought a small accessory which shipped by "standard international shipping" June 8....still not here. I guess it's a reflection of the times.

Over on the Russian watch forum this was finally posted as a large number of us have shipments from March and April that have not arrived. Read it and weep it is coming just slowly.

Re: Virus and the packages
Information from the Russian Post on international parcels on June 26, 2020.

USA
For shipments from March to May:
Small packages and parcels were sent by sea containers
EMS sent by air
The first shipping containers will begin arriving in the United States on July 3-5.
EMS delivery time is 1-3 weeks.
From the beginning of July, the mass arrival of small packages and parcels to the United States will begin.
For June shipments:
Air delivery by several air routes. 4-5 flights per week.
1-3 weeks
Delivery time depends on the route

Europe
Ground transportation.
3-4 weeks
For island states and territories in the Mediterranean Sea (Cyprus, Malta, etc.), the delivery time is increased by 5-7 days.

Canada
From the end of April to the beginning of June - shipping by sea containers
6-8 weeks from the date of shipment
4 weeks delivery by sea and 2-4 weeks for loading / unloading the vessel and delivery by land.
For June shipments:
Air delivery twice a week.
2-3 weeks
Air delivery by transit route.

Israel
From the end of April to the beginning of June - shipping by sea containers
4 weeks delivery by sea and 2-4 weeks for loading / unloading the vessel and delivery by land.
For June shipments:
Air delivery weekly by different air routes.
1-3 weeks

China
Daily flights
1-2 weeks

Southeast Asia
Transit air delivery 2-3 times a month
4-5 weeks
Russian Post is in talks with several air carriers about more flights

Hong Kong
Air delivery weekly by different air routes.
1-3 weeks

South Korea
Air delivery twice a month
3-4 weeks

Japan
Air delivery twice a week.
1-2 weeks

Australia
At the beginning of June 1 sea container was shipped
For June shipments:
Sea containers every 3 weeks.
Russian Post is in talks with several air carriers about flights.

Near East
No postal exchange
Dates will be determined after the start of the flight
Russian Post is negotiating with air carriers about the start of delivery

Latin and South America
No postal exchange

Africa
No postal exchange

Oceania
No postal exchange

Nearest foreign countries (EAEU countries, Ukraine, Moldova, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Mongolia)
Ground transportation.
2-4 weeks
Depending on the remoteness of the country from Moscow.

Now there is hope if you PAY for ups shipping extra. I got a package from Russia in 5 days from the date it was picked up until I received it in Virginia. But if it goes normal free shipping it's going to be a long time. I had a package I paid for with DHL out of Germany and it was only 3 days, but both of these shippers have their own planes, end of story. If you have to go regular post there are no planes flying so everything is just backing up. That's why the Russian post finally sent stuff out by land (truck to Europe) and then sea container to the USA. There is a video posted on the watch site of the main postal clearing house in China and if you watch it you cannot believe that we get anything from China, the volume of packages is just crazy. I think they are using NL post they tend to do alot of contract shipping, I have received stuff from China with NL post being the shipper. I guess it was sent by container to them and then broken down and shipped to the USA from there. Oh what fun.

Hooray, It's arrived in the local post office. Unfortunately I'm in Switzerland so my son will have to collect and pass it on to my daughter who will bring it out in a couple of weeks.
I really am looking forward to opening that parcel.

Back