anyone using the ef-m 55-200 lens?

back alley

IMAGES
Local time
2:49 PM
curious to what the locals think of this lens.
i have read mostly positive comments about it so far...

playing with the idea of selling my 40 and putting it towards the longer zoom...this would leave me with all m lenses.

plotting even further...use the eos m for all digital shooting...sell my fuji kit and buy an leica m4 with a 35 lens...

no, i have not been drinking! :eek:

I have the EF-S 55-250mm but haven't even considered using it on the M (via adapter). For something that long I would definitely want a viewfinder so it stays on my DSLR.
Any chance you can tell us in a few words what the EOS-M has that your Fuji kit hasn't - is it the touch screen etc. or is there a difference in IQ?

I have the EF-S 55-250mm but haven't even considered using it on the M (via adapter). For something that long I would definitely want a viewfinder so it stays on my DSLR.
Any chance you can tell us in a few words what the EOS-M has that your Fuji kit hasn't - is it the touch screen etc. or is there a difference in IQ?

in a word...economics!

the canon kit was cheaper to put together than the fuji...if i could sell the fuji for what an m4 plus 35 would cost then i am not adding any cash of my own.
i have been toying with the idea of using film with as simple a kit as i could put together...but i waffle back & forth as i am not convinced that film is where i want to go.
i like the cameras more then the film truth be told...

This part is normal!
...and buy an leica m4 with a 35 lens...

Nifty-Two-Fifty is as same as zoom kit for Rebels. Does very good job in the sharpness department, the rest is nothing to write home about. But it is very practical lens due to its size and weight. Polarizer helps.

trying to further confuse an already confused man...

Haha.... No. Just trying to give some good looking out for you.
Canon makes great entry,mid,pro level primes.
I'm a long time EF user. Their lower and mid level zooms are poorly made.
It's a thing we're all will be well and then one day a wierd noise while focussing.
The next day a rattle and the following it's a brick.
To the contrary Fuji lenses are all well made.
The 55-200 is pro level gear. I love the thing even though I normally don't like zooms.

Haha.... No. Just trying to give some good looking out for you.
Canon makes great entry,mid,pro level primes.
I'm a long time EF user. Their lower and mid level zooms are poorly made.
It's a thing we're all will be well and then one day a wierd noise while focussing.
The next day a rattle and the following it's a brick.
To the contrary Fuji lenses are all well made.
The 55-200 is pro level gear. I love the thing even though I normally don't like zooms.

are you talking about the canon ef-m lens? i find them to be well made, at least the 3 i have are...

This part is normal!

Nifty-Two-Fifty is as same as zoom kit for Rebels. Does very good job in the sharpness department, the rest is nothing to write home about. But it is very practical lens due to its size and weight. Polarizer helps.

nifty two fifty?

in a word...economics!

This was the appeal of the EOS-M to me. I sometimes think I've lost my original plan with photography: how good can it be with the cheapest (relatively) of kit. I'm not really sure that the images that my M4-P and 50mm Summicron produce is - to me at least - that much better than my Nikon FE and the 50mm AIs lens. Yet the one would pay for the other several times over!

As to the original thread: I am too interested in the 55-200 EF-M. They retail (new) for around £260 here - less in price than the 11-22 lens. eBay prices are only around £50 less.

I'm not convinced everyone is talking about the same thing here!

I bought the 55-200 ef-m for my eos m as I waited for my eos m3 to arrive - which now has. Nice, light and tightly constructed zoom with good imaging on the eos m cameras. Only compromise is the smaller variable aperture. The image stabilization works well.
Annoying thing about each eos-m lens is the filter size on each is different.
The STM focus is very quiet.

the currency exchange rate is a killer these days...buying from the states means it has to be a pretty low price to be a good deal in cdn $$...usually for a few bucks more i can buy a new one here.

- is the nickname for the EF-S kit telephoto zoom, very pleased with mine on the DSLR but not tried it on the EOS-M yet.

http://camerasize.com/compact/#351.427,331.27,ha,t

ha! thanks robin, learned something new today.
the pic tells a story...i think the m lens fits best on the m body...
i'm in no rush/have no great need for the 55-200 lens...just like the idea of having the complete set...

ha! thanks robin, learned something new today.
the pic tells a story...i think the m lens fits best on the m body...
i'm in no rush/have no great need for the 55-200 lens...just like the idea of having the complete set...
It's nice to have a long lens sometimes, here are a couple of sample shots from the "nifty two fifty" on my EOS 450D.

15112831040_98d2ea82d4_c.jpg

16297140078_3158fc3e5a_c.jpg

The 55-200 EF M will be my next lens. I have the other three as well as adapters for EOS and M42 lenses. The dedicated lenses are well thought out, I think, so I may end up not using adapters often. Someone posted comparison photos from the m lens and the EF-S 55-250 somewhere and it looked like the m lens was sharper. The build might be a bit more plastic than the other m lenses, but not an issue for me. Size and image quality are what make the EOS M shine!

This morning I tried the EF-S 55-250 on the EOS-M with the adapter. It looks ridiculous and is not terribly easy to use (much better on a DSLR with viewfinder). However it does work and I think the EF-M 55-200 would be a nice addition to an EOS-M kit as it's so much smaller & doesn't need the adapter.
I was lucky with some breaks in the clouds - here's a sample, 131mm f6.3 1/320 ISO100

17000091259_6f85539e50_c.jpg

Back