argus lens register

DaveP

Well-known
Local time
2:42 AM
Anyone know the flange distance for Argus C3's? Im considering adapting a Sandmar 35 and Cintar to 4/3.

Sorry, got diverted to other things, ice storms and ailing elderly parent, I'll pick it back up later on and post results if any luck.

Reviving a dead thread -- here goes

Reviving a dead thread -- here goes

That is for the bayonet mounts. I think the C3 register is much shorter, around 35mm. That's the distance I get when I clumsily measure the distance from mount to film frame, and when I did the following adaptation.

Mea culpa: I have a couple C3s of varied vintages but they just stare at me from the shelf. I mostly shoot Pentax (d)SLRs. I do have some additional lenses which I've worked at to adapt to PK (Pentax) mount. I've successfully (and non-destructively) adapted a TeleSandmar 100 and hope to do the Sandmar 35 too. These have knurled rear rings of about 41mm diameter that simplify attachments.

For the TeleSandmar 100, I first tried various adapter rings. Can't find any 42-41mm nor 42-Series6 step-downs -- too bad, as a Series6 just slips over the rear ring. So I cut a hole in a PK body cap and inserted the lens, then used contact cement (dissolvable in acetone) to glue them in place. (If I had a ring, I could glue that instead.) The lens base extends about 1mm past the body-cap's bayonets, clearing the swinging mirror, and allowing infinity focus. It's great! That lens is with me always!

My Sandmar 35 is presentation quality and I don't want to muck it up, so I'm looking for a funkier copy to adapt. It really should be no problem. Anyway, the lens-cap trick effectively moves the lens base about 10-11mm into the PK body. PK register is 45.46mm. So I put the C3 register at about 35mm.

Thanks for the info, I still havent got back around to my project, lots of home remodeling, I hope to get an adapter made next month when things settle down.

Dave P,

Way off-topic : I really like your avatar pic !

I usually am rolling around in a 1928 Ford Model A coupe.

Good luck with all your projects !

Luddite Frank

Back