Artifacts in negatives

stephen_lumsden

Well-known
Local time
3:15 PM
I developed the attached 120 in fomadon lqn and then got the local lab to scan them. I do not think it's a problem with the scans as as other roles of 35mm came back fine. I am just starting and have had some scratches and drying marks on some negatives but am puzzled by this. Any ideas?

1689269272832.jpeg

Perhaps your scan is too low in resolution to show the artifacts, as I can't see any. Can you tell us what we should be looking for? Of course, I do see swarms of insects that look like grasshoppers, but I doubt you're referring to them. On the other hand, we've all had the experience of not seeing things while shooting that are glaringly obvious when we examine the image afterwards.

Perhaps your scan is too low in resolution to show the artifacts, as I can't see any. Can you tell us what we should be looking for? Of course, I do see swarms of insects that look like grasshoppers, but I doubt you're referring to them. On the other hand, we've all had the experience of not seeing things while shooting that are glaringly obvious when we examine the image afterwards.
oh wow, I was assuming the grasshoppers were the artifacts and that something ridiculous had gone wrong with their developer.

Somehow one of the chemicals got contaminated and I think the residue blocked development.

Do you see any foreign matter on either side of the negative itself?

It’s an interesting pattern and I wonder how a pattern like that could appear.

It could be you’ve discovered alien life that’s normally invisible unless photographed.

Last edited:
Back