Illinois Attempt to get a Chicago group off the ground - 07 Redux.

rogue_designer

Reciprocity Failure
Local time
4:20 PM
Yet another attempt to get a Chicago group off the ground

Anyone up for an informal get-together next Saturday, the 14th of April? I know the following weeks will be hellish for me, so this is one reasonable option on my schedule.

I was thinking the same plan as the last abortive attempt. Roughly 10:30 at Central camera, then break for shooting, reconvene for sandwiches, magazine and book talk, at Borders, then more shooting. Or something along those lines.

That's just my thought. Downtown is my preferred stomping ground, but I know it may not be everyone's cup of tea.

Thoughts - other suggestions?

:(

Alas. How does your scedule look in general? Any thoughts on when you'd like to make a go of it? Either in the city, or in the surrounds.

Where were you guys when the Coyote wandered into Quizmo's? We're all disappointed that there are no RFF images.

If the weather is warm, I have a fishing trip with my son on the 14th, so I couldn't make that. but, for sure I could make it the 21st.
That said, if the weather is not looking good, we'll postpone the fishing until the following weekend and I can make it the 14th.
I'll know for sure by the end of this weekend.
As for where to meet - I'll go anywhere in the Chicago area.

Darn... 10:30 AM at Central Camera means I have to get up really early to get to the place on time (train times... a pain). If after a while you agree on being somewhere for lunch I can probably catch up with you.

Now... on April 14th... I'm booked. Sorry, not this time, Liam...

Darn... :bang:

For Downtown Saturdays is still best for me, but I need to schedule pretty far out. If we do a coffee get-together in the 'burbs, my schedule is quite a bit more flexible due to the reduced driving/train times.

I still think a Borders/B&N coffee has merit!

Liam, I'll be up for it Saturday the 14th if we can push it back to 11. That way, I can get a train that doesn't get there so !#$% early. To be there before 11, I'd have to get on a train that leaves Round Lake at 7:07. That's not gonna happen on a Saturday, unless there is something really cool going on downtown. (not that you're not cool, Liam ;) )

A counter-suggestion: How about meeting later in the day, like 3 PM or so? The people that would drive would then have more time. Train-takers wouldn't have to get up so early. Central would still be open for a couple hours, and we could take advantage of the golden hours in the evening. Would that make this doable for anyone who wouldn't otherwise make it?

Liam, I still have your Minox tank, waiting for the rendezvous.

Is anything sort of finalized? I'm going to have to play it by ear. I think I can make it this Saturday, but the fishing trip is iffy due to weather (I don't fish in cold or rain - on the other hand, I'll shoot in any weather).
So, if there is a time set, I'm going to try and make it.

Now, an afternoon coffee works wonders for me... I'll try to make it, but, again, I'm sorta like booked that day.

Heck, we're in no hurry either, are we? :) There's always the telephone! ;)

I am interested, but all my April weekends are already booked! Perhaps we can do it sometime in May or later when the weather will be better.

ash13brook said:
Is anything sort of finalized?
Rogue_Designer and I are going to meet at Central Camera at 11:00. From there, we'll probably play it by ear too. If it's just him and I, we have a lot more flexibility. We hope to see some more of you there.

The guy I bought my darkroom gear from (forgot his userID now) told me he'd be more apt to attend if it were in the suburbs, since most of us seem to be from the suburbs anyhow, and since driving & parking is not so difficult, maybe we will try for that next time...

Suburbs vs. Downtown

Suburbs vs. Downtown

While I agree that meeting in the suburbs would be easier for many, one has to admit that the Downtown area of Chicago has a richness for photographers that it would be hard to match anywhere else.

It looks like I'm going to try and make it to Central Sat. morning. How will we recognize each other? Would it be cool to stand in the middle of the store and yell "Rangefinder"? I'm open to other suggestions, of course.
I'm 5'7" and will be wearing a brown leather jacket. I have a flat top haircut and what a New Orleans police officer described (a long time ago) as a ruddy complexion. I'll have either a Leica or Voigtlander hung vertically on a strap across my chest.

Personally, I would meet up in the city or the subs. But, I drive for a living and know my way around real well. Driving from the South subs to far North or West or wherever doesn't faze me much, as I do it everyday, anyway. Downtown is central to everybody and seems like it provides the best chance for the most members to meet. It would be interesting to get an up-close look at some of the other suburbs, though, especially with someone who is familiar with them.

Hi Matt,

Liam (Rogue_Designer) and I have met, so no problems here.

I'm 5'8 and will probably have a small black Domke/Tamrac case over my shoulders. I have brown hair and a beard, and will probably be wearing a red & gray jacket. I may or may not have my wife Kate with me, who is about 5'6", blonde hair & blue eyes.

Liam is taller & thinner, has black hair, and seems to favor a Canon P lately. I think he also has a smallish Domke bag, don't remember which color.

Looks like it'll just be the three of us, unless Francisco can get out of bed, hehehe.

On third thought, I may be there a bit early, closer to 10:30 after all. (after triple-checking my train schedule, I see that it is supposed to arrive at Union at 9:51. It is always late because of all the kids and other non-train-taking people that ride on
weekends.

Anyhow, if I'm early, I will wait around of course.

Back