New York August NYC Meet-Up

Yeah, but you'd die with a smile on your face...

MFM,

About two weeks ago I went to the grocery in my hood (East Harlem) with "Maggie."

I heard some girl say, "Look at that. Its so tight." then the other girls says, "That's so cute."

Pretty sure that Maggie did not put things together, but I believe the two girls standing right behind me were commenting on my small muscular bike butt.

Those two young girls at my age might kill me. LOL.

Cal

Dennis,

I should be there around noon. I tend to be the first there to reserve space.

The location is the Bohemian Beer Garden in Astoria. The M60 bus first stop after going over the Triborough leaves you two blocks away.

Not sure if the Subways are still mucked up.

I'll be recycling mucho DVD's. The one series I forgot the title of, post Katrina New Orleans, is Treme. Eventually I remembered the title.

Cal

The Astoria Blvd subway station is closed on weekends for repairs thru the rest of the year. But there are supposed to be shuttlebuses.
-B

If anything, I am finding life surprising with its twists and forks. Some of which do require effort for them to appear and take. If you have a choice try it.

It's a funny way to think of you as a streetwear fashion but looking at it "vintage hipster" fits a lot. Aside of the urban aspect

I tend to notice a more trendy street here in Scandinavia and 18-22 yo kids wear fanny packs with 1980s-early 90s design. Bucket hats and fanny packs. Fila used to be a low tier "uncool? Dads?" brand until last year, now it is everywhere! Just had a discussion about that with my friend.

Came back from a concert and the videographer was wearing Patagonia, large back logo. I'm seeing it quite often.

I'll have to bring my oversized gold 49ers nylon jacket. Given trends... 1989 or 2019?

The 80s are cool again. There are some sites coining a "30 year old cycle of nostalgia" based on what the creators are infusing from their childhoods. Interesting

So I don't think it's that far off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jorde,

Next month, September, I should have a sound bite where I was interviewed on the steps of the New York Public Library during a rain squall with "Maggie" that will be on Japanese Broadcast TV.

The show is widely popular in Japan and there are two hosts that act as commentators. One of them is a woman who has a social media presence of having 9 million followers.

The half hour program will also be sindicated and distributed throughout Asia. The episode though is about Maggie.

A couple of other big things are happening in September for Maggie.

Cal

Back