Australia/New Zealand Australian internet buyers face GST+ on all purchases from July 1

'Film smuggler' ... I like the way you think and I have now seen a glimpse of my new future as an international man of mystery! :D

Secret Agent ISO400! yep, meet me at pier 40 at midnight. I'm the guy on the freighter's bridge wearing the Mac and shades. We have Tri-X while it lasts. Bring cash..

I see the biggest downer as overseas suppliers not bothering with us because of the paper work involved. The fact that our government has dumped the responsibility of the tax being collected and submitted firmly on the seller is not entirely surprising ... life goes on!

edit ... and I meant to add: describing that bunch of over paid miscreants in Canberra who seem to to think they are running this country as 'The Government' ... wasn't my idea! :rolleyes:

Let's build a wall!

And Keith, please don't say "Canberra" when you mean the Australian government that you lot voted for. Us Canberrans had nothing to do with it, and we're suffering the same as everyone else.

To my surprise, we have already stg like this introduced as "global shipping program" for the Netherlands (possibly the whole EU). It is quite new as my previous bay purchase, maybe 5-6 months ago, was not having it.
There seems to be no way out of it.
Either way I was screwed lately. With each small item of value above 25 bucks I had to pay about 20% import tax on both the value and shipping AND a fixed amount of 13 eur to the mail company as tax declaration service.
Now I had to prepay the 20% tax on a pack of mats I bought from a seller in the US but it has the comment that some taxes still do apply upon arrival. I am curious...

So I think its not an Aussie screwover, it is a global screwover.:(

Back