Baby sibling of Leitz BEEON copy stand anyone?

571514m3

Established
Local time
4:09 PM
The BEEON was a brilliant Leitz product and I am very lucky to have found a mint M-version - is there even a TTM version? – before they were discovered and became expensive. I did that as I came late to digital when the M-P 240 came out. A very happy chappie you could say with my analogue stuff working perfectly in tune with the M digital.

Recently my mother in law gave me a box of negatives and slides and said ;”I really like to look at these photos of when we were…”. Can’t say no, right?

The BEEON results in high quality files. For this task I need simplicity and speed, then will go to one of the print-yourself booths at the local Officeworks store and print a stack of 6*4 prints for her.

On that auction site there is a proliferation of small $50-$80 gizmos that have a small screen, and digitise film strips, slides and some even do old prints. The file will be good enough for 6*4, it will be quick with that little screen, and I can adjust in LR if required.

I use a MacbookPro, and have no PC so the $50-$80 gizmo has to work on Mac OSX.

Have any of you been on this path? Which one of the little $50-$80 gizmos did you use? I definitely don’t want to use a flatbed, and will scan special photos with the fine BEEON in hi-res.

Thank you in advance for your valuable insights!

No one been down this track before?

I mean this type of scanner:
QPIX 4 in 1 FILM SCANNER FOR PHOTOS SLIDES NEGATIVES AND NAME CARDS PS970H

I haven't used one of the little gizmos you are asking about but I do have a BEOON setup and I can't imagine that one of the little scanners would be much faster to use. For 35mm negatives it takes me less than 15 seconds to copy a strip of six frames. For slides I tape a three sided frame of cardboard to the top of the BEOON 35mm mask so I can push a slide into place, press the shutter release, lift the slide out, push a new slide into place, press the shutter, etc., etc. It goes very quickly.

BTW all BEOON's are both M and LTM. If the included bayonet to thread adaptor is on top of the assembly it works with an LTM camera and an LTM lens. If the bayonet to thread adaptor is at the bottom of the stack of extension tubes it works with an M-mount camera and an M-mount lens.

Back