Hong Kong Back to Hong Kong

Avotius

Some guy
Local time
4:56 PM
Good times im going back to Hong Kong on the 18th, I love Hong Kong for the food, the international mix of everything and being in a place ever so much more civil then Chongqing.

Sadly I will only be there for 2 days...attending the opening of Chen Jiagang's photography show then one day to play a bit and then its back to work for me, well sort of, this is a work related trip and I will be traveling there with my boss, blah blah blah....

Day two I will have some time to go camera shopping, before I had this list of camera shops and their addresses but I cannot for the life of me find it. So again I have to ask you all for some locations in HK where I might see what I am looking for, medium format, large format, high end gear like Alpa, Sinar, Hasselblad, Zeiss, Leica, Rollei, etc...

Especially interested in looking at Alpa 12 TC, Rolleiflex's, plus Leica and Zeiss M mount lenses and if anyone in HK is carrying the M9 yet.

I'll suggest Tin Cheung the at Carnavorn Rd ( will somebody correct my spelling please) they have a quite selection on rangefinders and their pricing is really on the low side, I purchased a Voigtlander 35mm f1.4 for 400 (US) bucks when it was only two weeks after being announced, even the shopkeeper was surprised when I asked about the lens as they haven't even put it on the display :)

Tin Cheung spelling is correct. They have an online store as well which is usually priced higher than when you buy direct from the store. You can browse first then negotiate later when you're there. Just google Tin Cheung Hongkong Camera Store.

I have never seen this Shogun camera place, and its in TST, I thought I combed TST last time and still missed it. Oh well, I will make a point to try and make it there. Thanks.

Thanks Dingo, I dont think I will help this time, will be carted around everywhere and should make it through ok! Thanks though.

Hello Hong Kong fellows, im back from the trip, it was great, the gallery is the "Contemporary by Angela Li" and the opening was good fun. Also went to that new Armani/Bar thing which was pretty wild. Also next to the gallery is a place called "Classified" that is a cheese/wine place, great stuff in there, really excellent. My friend who I went with came back with a Olympus EP1, the 17mm pancake lens, a elefoto m-m43 adapter, a chrome Zeiss 50 1.5 ZM and chrome 21 2.8 ZM lens. Not bad for two days work.

Hello Hong Kong fellows, im back from the trip, it was great, the gallery is the "Contemporary by Angela Li" and the opening was good fun. Also went to that new Armani/Bar thing which was pretty wild. Also next to the gallery is a place called "Classified" that is a cheese/wine place, great stuff in there, really excellent. My friend who I went with came back with a Olympus EP1, the 17mm pancake lens, a elefoto m-m43 adapter, a chrome Zeiss 50 1.5 ZM and chrome 21 2.8 ZM lens. Not bad for two days work.

Sounds you have a great trip! We must meet up next time, he he.

Back