badlands

I had an aborted trip to the Bisti Badlands last year, I intend to make it this year. I would be so pleased to get one shot even half as good as these.

Love the use of light!

thanks robert.

Impressive, the badlands are amazing

thanks titrisol, i love this park. i try to stop in on my way through to montana every year.

I had an aborted trip to the Bisti Badlands last year, I intend to make it this year. I would be so pleased to get one shot even half as good as these.

thanks darth. i've never been to bisti badlands. all of my shots were done between golden hour and just after sunset.

When you say ‘50r’ do you mean the Fuji GFX 50R? These are really great.

thanks, and that's my main camera. love that camera. i also have a sony with a long lens for wildlife and 2 backup lenses that would get me through if something happened to the fuji. and an old xt-4 that i really only use for toy photography.

I visited the badlands last summer, as part of my daughters graduation trip. I had never seen anything like the whole SD, WY area and was very very impressed
We planned to spend a night in the badlands but weather was bad and made no sense so we went back to Rapid City so we could spend the next day here:

I visited the badlands last summer, as part of my daughters graduation trip. I had never seen anything like the whole SD, WY area and was very very impressed
We planned to spend a night in the badlands but weather was bad and made no sense so we went back to Rapid City so we could spend the next day here:
you got some great weather and sky. it seems like i've been fighting the smoke for the past few years in the fall.

i roadtrip through that region for about a month every year and have never made it to devils tower. i've seen it from i90, just never made time to go there. i love the big horn mountains, and livingston, mt is one of the coolest small towns i've ever been in.

as for bad weather in the badlands... i was between two separate storms last year while shooting in the badlands.. the second storm was behind me and had hail about a half mile down the road, but it was dry and sunny over my head.
53175723007_d38d2c6db1_o.jpg

I used my Isolette 3 in the Badlands, by the time we got there it was close to 11:00 al light was harsh

Also my Pentax K3-iii got a workout

Attachments

• IMGP0444b.jpg
    IMGP0444b.jpg
    532.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back