Other Areas Battle of Stoney Creek

dadsm3

Well-known
Local time
12:21 AM
Here's my first......just imagine what one of you GTA guys could have done...

Attachments

• yanksbeforebattle.jpg
    yanksbeforebattle.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 0
  • preparing.jpg
    preparing.jpg
    326.7 KB · Views: 0
  • blacksmith.jpg
    blacksmith.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 0
More good stuff....

Attachments

• violinist.jpg
    violinist.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 0
  • walkingtobattle.jpg
    walkingtobattle.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 0
  • fighting.jpg
    fighting.jpg
    313.5 KB · Views: 0
these poor guys had to stand there and take artillery fire...

Attachments

• yankswaiting.jpg
    yankswaiting.jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 0
  • yankartillery.jpg
    yankartillery.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 0
  • yanksunderfire.jpg
    yanksunderfire.jpg
    344.7 KB · Views: 0
Brits attack.....

Attachments

• britsattack.jpg
    britsattack.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 0
  • britsattackII.jpg
    britsattackII.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 0
  • britsattackIII.jpg
    britsattackIII.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 0
Hot Yank wimmin (for 1812, anyways), and the Gage house. When the Americans captured it they graciously asked the family to retire to the basement. At the end of the battle, the two generals met in the middle of the battlefield, where the Americans agreed to withdraw, and the Brits politely held their fire. I half expected them to have a spot of tea and play a game of whist....
They were such gentlemen back then, honour meant something......in stark contrast to the 17 cowards we just arrested here in Canada....
Mike

Attachments

• yankbabes1812.jpg
    yankbabes1812.jpg
    317.9 KB · Views: 0
  • gagehouse.jpg
    gagehouse.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 0
Well done, Mike! I particularly like the 3rd one in your 3rd post. The cloud of smoke behind the group of soldiers isolates them nicely. (That Saturday was a crumby rainy day where I was.)

Thanks Frank, I was pretty happy with the results. Most battle shots were with a 90mm 'cron and a 135mm Elmar. I have some colour stuff too and will post when I have some time, but although the reds and blues are beautiful, b&w is just the best for this type of thing. All in Tmax400 and Tmax dev...but next time I think I'll go with a film with more grain.

Some colour shots...

Attachments

• yankswithdraw.jpg
    yankswithdraw.jpg
    598.6 KB · Views: 0
  • britswithdraw.jpg
    britswithdraw.jpg
    576.7 KB · Views: 0
  • artillerywithdraws.jpg
    artillerywithdraws.jpg
    488.5 KB · Views: 0
dadsm3 said:
Some colour shots...

Mike,

All the shots were great but I espescially liked the last batch. They seem "sharper". Which camera/lens had B&W and which had color?

BTW: you do realize that if WE had won - you would spell it "color"! :D

Hey, also enjoyed our pre-battle PM discussion. Looks like the "gods" smiled on you with some decent weather during this annoyingly gray and rainy early Summer. :bang:

Thanks George...the 'color' (mis-spelled) were done with the M6, the B&W's with the M3....both were around my neck and I was switching lenses constantly, makes one wish for one of them Benser btm plates that hold 2 lenses, but I already had 15 lbs of cameras around my neck!
Although not artistic they have some historical merit...but not as important on this forum as 'what do you like better, chrome or black?' it seems. I like 'em...but I'm a history junkie.
For some reason I have to scan at a far lower res with b&w than colour (spelled correctly) to be able to post, when I go to 16 bit on the scanner it won't let me jpeg them anymore, maybe that has something to do with it....my b&w prints are sharp as a tack.
Mike
PS: Enjoyed our PM conversation as well, hope to have the pleasure some day.

Attachments

• britsattackcolour.jpg
    britsattackcolour.jpg
    488.1 KB · Views: 0
Back