California (Bay Area, Northern) Bay Area Beer & Gear?

Also, if anyone else wants beers *later* I'll be at the Trappist in Oakland with a few friends having some fine Belgian Ales. (There's a bottle of Rochefort 8 with my name on it. *sigh* if only it were Westvleteren)

How much "later"? I won't be able to make the shooting earlier, but I might be able to swing by the Trappist.
Always looking to find a good excuse to do that anyway.

(Hell, even a bad excuse would do!)

-Brian

Where is the old landing field? I'll meet everyone there as well. See you then!!

I'm new to the Bay area* and don't know anyone yet - but would like to join in.
I suspect you lot will be a little less conspicuous that a typical long lens and tripod toting camera club outing.
It's a big area - were are you meeting up - by the hanger end of the field ?

Donald.

( * well a bit to the North - Santa Rosa )

http://www.nps.gov/prsf/historyculture/images/crissy1.jpg

How much "later"? I won't be able to make the shooting earlier, but I might be able to swing by the Trappist.
Always looking to find a good excuse to do that anyway.

(Hell, even a bad excuse would do!)

-Brian

Drinking starts at 9PM for me. I'll be there with a few other people, mostly friends, but we're all a nice bunch. Come and raise a glass!

I'd say we meet at the warming hut! People can grab a coffee and we can get shooting. Also, I'm not exactly sure where the old airfield is, but I sure as hell can find a cafe when I need coffee.

I'll see about that G2... they do need to get out a bit!

OK...so we're 10AM, Coffee Hut, Chrissy Field. Correctomundo?

Kent

I'll try to be there -- if it's pouring rain when I need to leave home I may bow out. I have a 45 minute walk just to get to the bus and starting out the day soaking wet is not much fun. :( If it's just sprinkling or dry I'll be there. -- and would love to see Kevin's SA (on my 'dreamlist' of lenses)

Yahoo Weather is saying "Thunderstorms" for Saturday. Let's hope they're way off.

If it's raining here on the Peninsula Saturday AM I will be bowing out as well. Who knows, they've been wrong most of the week :)

I'm in the same boat. I've got to drive down from Sacramento, and if it's raining here when I need to leave I'll have to pass.

I'll try to be there -- if it's pouring rain when I need to leave home I may bow out. I have a 45 minute walk just to get to the bus and starting out the day soaking wet is not much fun. :(

I'd give you a ride Kevin, but I'm spinning out in the snow in Minneapolis right now.

Happy Birthday Santa Cruz Kevin!

Hi people,

It would be my third attempt to join the group,
can somebody post time and place and I'll try to be there

Also waiting to see the weather. I've got some earlier engagement in the city. If it's not raining, I'll take my bike to the meeting location. I won't make it in time if it's raining.

I'll forgive you -- this time, Mike!

Just try to keep your vehicle out of snowbanks and don't get frostbite.

I'd give you a ride Kevin, but I'm spinning out in the snow in Minneapolis right now.

Happy Birthday Santa Cruz Kevin!

The time/location is above: 10 AM, Crissy Field Coffee Hut
Hope you can make it -- most of us are friendly and harmless. Just have to watch out for Kent!

Hi people,

It would be my third attempt to join the group,
can somebody post time and place and I'll try to be there

Hey folks,

Sorry I won't be able to make it out tomorrow. Have a great day, rain or shine though!

I am trouble. Be afraid, be very afraid.

Remember everyone... please wear your "Gender Identification Cards" prominently displayed on the front of your jacket tomorrow for Kevin's benefit. We definitely do not want another "incident".

:)

The time/location is above: 10 AM, Crissy Field Coffee Hut
Hope you can make it -- most of us are friendly and harmless. Just have to watch out for Kent!

Last edited:
I am trouble. Be afraid, be very afraid.

Remember everyone... please wear your "Gender Identification Cards" prominently displayed on the front of your jacket tomorrow for Kevin's benefit. We definitely do not want another "incident".

:)

Kent, I just don't want to know... :)

See you guys tomorrow, weather permitting (but it looks like the weather won't be too bad).

Back