Belt/waist bag for multiple m43 lenses?

Archiver

Mentor
Local time
1:56 PM
I'm looking for a bag that will wrap around my waist like a belt, and is slim/flat enough to carry multiple m43 lenses without sticking out too much.

My work requires a lot of run and gun video shooting, and I like to have at least one or two alternative lenses with me. While I can put them in my pockets, I would feel a lot better if I could have a few lenses in a row on my waist, in a secure fashion.

Any recommendations? Many belt/waist packs are designed for large DSLR lenses, not the much smaller m43 lenses like the Voigtlanders, Olympus and Panasonics. If I could get a maximum of four m43 lenses into a waist pack, in their own divided sections, that would be great.

Ten years later and I will answer my own question.

1. Crumpler LLA Waist Pack - this is a very light but sturdy bag from Crumpler that can easily accommodate three or more mid size m43 lenses like the Voigtlander Nokton primes and the Olympus f1.2 Pro primes. Unfortunately discontinued.

2. Alpaka Bravo X Sling - the Bravo X Sling is a much thicker and firmer bag which can be used as a waist bag or a cross body sling. Again, big enough to hold three Olympus f1,2 Pro lenses or Panasonic zooms in their pouches.

3. Alpaka Go Sling Pro - not a waist bag, but a nicely structured bag that has velcro dividers and holds two Olympus Pro primes, as well as multiple batteries, a memory card pouch, etc.

I've also tried the Incase Camera Side Bag, which works as both waist pack and sling, but is quite thick and gets in the way of working.

Back