Other Areas Benelux club??

onnovisser

Established
Local time
8:42 AM
Well cloggies, Belgians and even Luxenburgians (one of the 50?),

As there was such an enthousiastic response to our little chat in Hello from Holland, would it be time to start a Benelux regional Club?We'll take the galleries by surprise with contests, post eachother on interesting expos or whatever new good beer is sold somewhere in the tri-mini-coiuntry area :)

Cheers,

Onno (chair of the Leiden dept. :cool: )

Yea for the Benelux club!

With branches all over the world, especially it seems in Kiwi land and Mongolia. :)

I'm in. Looks like we have a nice diverse group. I would suggest a get together in Antwerp, but that can better wait untill next year, as the city is rather unreachable for the moment due to public works to most of the important roads. Maybe some place in the south of the Netherlands? I'm not to excited about Amsterdam because of travel time and traffic.

Wim

Oh, and why don't we ask Jorge to create a Benelux gallery? Or should we start an 'Oh Benelux' thread, along the lines of the 'Oh Canada' thread?

Wim

Well, if Antwerpen is too far west, Maastricht will be too far east, so what about
's Hertogenbosch?

I guess Den Bosch is about the gravity-point of the Benelux... Speaking of distance ofcourse.
No problem here.

mac_wt said:
I'm in. Looks like we have a nice diverse group. I would suggest a get together in Antwerp, but that can better wait untill next year, as the city is rather unreachable for the moment due to public works to most of the important roads. Maybe some place in the south of the Netherlands? I'm not to excited about Amsterdam because of travel time and traffic.

Wim

I was in Antwerpen just two weeks ago and had NO problems reaching it... by train. :)
2 hours from Amsterdam CS to Antwerpen-Berchem.
Piece of cake, really.

Let me know a few weeks/ a month in advance and I could get the family there as well and book a hotel for a few days. There's still plenty we haven't seen of Antwerpen.

laptoprob said:
I guess Den Bosch is about the gravity-point of the Benelux... Speaking of distance ofcourse.

Hi,

my first post to the forum. I certainly would join some activities in the Benelux. Move from UK to the neighborhood of Den Bosch next month.

Regards, JoNL

Sounds good a Benelux club, I would like to join it. :)

Maastricht is a good town for taking pictures: old buildings, modern architecture, a river (always good for photos) and with nice weather a lot of people outside enjoying the good life. But perhaps I just say all this because it is very near for me. :D
Alternatives:
Hasselt: perhaps to difficult to reach for most from NL.
Eindhoven: ...hmm :( ... Would we like to take some nice pictures?
Den Bosch: central in the Netherlands, for me about one-and-a-half hours by train. How is it to reach from Belgium? And Luxembourg? Is anyone from Luxembourg?

I think Luxembourg is a fake country :)

Eindhoven is a very nice city, loads of photo oportunities.. I'm sure we'll work it out!

Welcome Henk W.! We can start printing our own club shirts :)

Welcome all! It seems the virus is growing in the Benelux. :)

I'm still in favour of a meeting in Antwerpen. Even from Amsterdam that's only 2 hours by train. And the Dutch here shouldn't hog the "club" for their own fun. We have Belgian "members" as well, so we should share the burden of hosting meetings. :)

I first stated that Antwerpen was hard to reach by car for the moment, due to the public works, but offcourse there's public transport. And I must say that it's a lot better than I expected. So yes: let's meet in Antwerpen some weekend in august, or early september.

Wim

Thanks for the welcome!

I am moving to the NL by the end of August. I would be around on the first September weekend. Antwerpen sounds good!

JoNL

onnovisser said:
Welcome!

Maybe we should arrange for a Dutch/Benelux meet some time soon, while the weather is still nice.

Cheers,

Onno

What do you mean while the weather is still nice???
[Pherdinand roars as getting off the bycicle completely wet and frozen.]

onnovisser said:
I think Luxembourg is a fake country :)

Eindhoven is a very nice city, loads of photo oportunities.. I'm sure we'll work it out!

Welcome Henk W.! We can start printing our own club shirts :)

Onno, sorry to disagree with you again...nothing personal! :D

Luxemburg is pretty nice even if a fake country, i'd say
OTOH, EIndhoven as very nice city...hmm-hmm...I vote for Antwerpen :)

[Pherdinand who lives in Eindhoven for 4+ years already and still didn't get used to it]

Welcome Jo and Henk, by the way.

As a matter of fact, any location would be okay for me, as long as I will still be around.

A question for the Dutch community: is there any mail order shop in Holland which has a good stock of film and reasonable prices? It becomes increasingly difficult to find the film I need: Agfa Scala 200x and Fuji Astia 100F (both in 35mm and 120). If there is no mail order shop in Holland, are you guys using the German mail order companies like Brenner, WFV etc.? (Sorry for misusing this thread. I thought I would find the relevant people here.)

Back