Bessa II (Color Skopar) B&W filters ?

mammolo

Local time
3:42 PM
Hi,

looking for B&W filters on the Web for my Bessa II with Color Skopar I came up confused as to what filter I need. Or at least confused enough that I do not feel like bidding on the on-line auction site for something it may or may not work.

My best understanding thus far is that I need a "37mm push-on" or a "37mm push-fit" filter. Can someone who does have a Bessa II and a filter confirm this?

BTW, is it my impression or these filters are not that easy to find?

Many thanks in advance!

I had a Bessa II w/ the Heliar, and currently have a Bessa RF w/ the same lens. They both take 37mm push fit filters/hoods. I'd be surprised if yours didn't. They're obtainable, and if you look on eBay there's a seller in the UK that goes by oldcam and photowidget (I think) that normally has them. You can also try searching under "voigtlander filter". Pass on the OEM Voigtlander hoods, as they often want $90 for them! The yellow filters made a nice difference w/ my B&W photos, the red was too much contrast. A good hood is the main thing to have.

I also use a Kodak Series VI adapter ring w/ a push on diameter of 1 7/16 (36.5mm) coupled w/ Series VI hood and filters. That's the most economical way to go if you can find the adapter.

I have both the Bessa I and Bessa II. Both take a 37mm push-on filter. Instead of duking it out on that big auction site for these filters, I decided to try what I had on hand. One of Darkstar's (Ebay seller) 40 - 40.5 step-up adapters has an internal ID of 38.5mm. I stuck several wee pads of duct tape on the inside rim of the adapter and it fits on snuggly. You can't see the tape pads and I get to use the 40.5mm screw-in filters and a hood I have for my Franka Solida III.

Steve: thank you very much, now I feel confident I can go for it.

FPJ: great suggestion, I will look into it.

Ken: my bad, I should ALWAYS remember that 90% of practical problems are solved by duct tape :) :) Seriously, that's a great suggestion too and I'm gonna try it.

This is such a nice compact camera, I would like to use it more often, but at least a yellow filter wouldn't hurt ...

Cheers!!

Back