Bessa on the road.

EliasK

Well-known
Local time
8:12 AM
I want to take my R3M with me on a bicycle adventure. Mainly dirt roads and some singletracks. The camera will be in a weather sealed photo bag with the appropriate cushions.

Is the range finder mechanism able to withstand for days the unavoidable vibrations?
Anyone has experience traveling with a Bessa under these conditions?

No experience of that, but why not just take a screw driver with you? I would if I weren't mostly traveling with carry-on luggage only. Vertical adjustment on the road is easily possible with most RF cameras (and for good reasons).

I don't have an experience with the Bessa, but I've hauled my Leica all over the world with me by bicycle, normally in a little padded handlebar bag or in my backpack. It's been bounced around over singletrack from Kyrgyzstan to Serbia to Palestine, no issues! A waist pack is a good (and increasingly popular) way of carrying your camera. Otherwise, lots of companies sell handlebar mounted pouches that would work well for a Bessa with a small lens.

Thank you all for your suggestions.
A waist pack is a good idea, especially those made for motorcycle riders look very well made and practical.

Back