Bessa R2/3 a/m + cameraleathers

Takkun

Ian M.
Local time
6:16 PM
Now that my RF is holding steady, I'm using my bessa a whole lot more than ever and it's back to my take-everywhere camera.
Unfortunately the back door grip is peeling away and won't hold.

CameraLeather.com has treated me well in the past and I see they have a Bessa section, but owing to their site going down a little while back, that particular page looks gone.

Anyone here buy a covering for this particular model? I'd love to see, since I'm not finding any images. Do you lose the right palm/thumb grip?

Alternately, an adhesive suggestion, since it's not in too bad a shape.

In other news, I recovered my M8--the previous owner had aftermarket grip on it, which Leica mercilessly replaced with the factory cover and charged me $50 for the pleasure. Thing is, I don't remember buying new leather for it--it just magically appeared in my desk drawer...

Have you sent an email to cameraleather concerning this? He might be able to send you photos or direct you to a link.

Depending on the materials, contact cement is one way to reattach. I'll use white glue (Elmers) in many places- it doesn't have the same flexible holding power of real contact cement but it often works well.

Bought griptac for a R3a years ago. You do lose the grip and, since the original rubber has molded impression covering the body gaps, the finish would be uneven.

I suggest using Pilobond to glue the grip back.

Bought griptac for a R3a years ago. You do lose the grip and, since the original rubber has molded impression covering the body gaps, the finish would be uneven.

I suggest using Pilobond to glue the grip back.

thats a good idea—I've been searching in futility, strangely enough, to remember that product name.

Thankfully my rubber is in good shape. I remember hearing something to this effect and while I'd love a grip to match my Ms, I'd rather not have a lumpy camera.

Back