Benelux Bessa R4 and Spring '07 Amsterdam trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

javabean

Established
Local time
9:50 AM
Hi shooters,

In April 2007, Voigtlander will release its new Bessa R4M and R4A models. Are any of you planning to buy this cam ? Its main feature, compared to other Bessa's, is the extreme wide range of lenses it supports, from 21mm to 50mm (so no need for those extra viewfinders). see also http://cameraquest.com/voigt4m4aintro.htm
Looks like a winner to me.

Spring is soon coming over Europe, and maybe this would be a good opportunity to meet and shoot some pictures too. Who wants to organize a meet - for let's say Amsterdam - in May/June 2007 ?

Cheers, javabean.

<edit> supported range corrected </edit>

Last edited:
javabean said:
Its main feature, compared to other Bessa's, is the extreme wide range of lenses it supports, from 21mm to 90mm (so no need for those extra viewfinders).
Actually it has framelines for 21 to 50 mm, so for 75 or 90 you would need external viewfinders, which don't make much sense because of parallax and the limited focusing accuracy of the 0.52x finder. So its main feature is wideangle support rather than universal support, for normal lenses and teles a R3[MA] is still the better option.

Philipp

Javabean, let me suggest the following thread: RFF EuroMeet Paris 2007

Or, in short, RFF meet-up in Paris April 20-22nd. Be there or be square! :cool:

rxmd said:
Actually it has framelines for 21 to 50 mm, so for 75 or 90 you would need external viewfinders, which don't make much sense because of parallax and the limited focusing accuracy of the 0.52x finder. So its main feature is wideangle support rather than universal support, for normal lenses and teles a R3[MA] is still the better option.

Philipp

Yes, Philipp you're right; thanks for correcting me. Well, at least it makes a night combination with the R3 body.

EmilGil said:
Javabean, let me suggest the following thread: RFF EuroMeet Paris 2007

Or, in short, RFF meet-up in Paris April 20-22nd. Be there or be square! :cool:

This thread you mean ? Interesting, I hadn't seen that yet. This might be a good idea too for the Benelux shooters.

Cheers,

javabean.

Sorry, must have missed to paste the link but I see you found the thread anyway. I think there are a few people coming down from the Benelux area so you won't be alone if you want to join us.

r4 madness

r4 madness

It looks like its time to trade the Bessa-L and R2 for the R-4. My vacation carry is a 21, 35, 50, and 90 with two bodies. I could easily ditch the 90 in favor of carrying just one body.

Eric

eric mac said:
It looks like its time to trade the Bessa-L and R2 for the R-4. My vacation carry is a 21, 35, 50, and 90 with two bodies. I could easily ditch the 90 in favor of carrying just one body.

Eric

Take the 90 and an accessory viewfinder in case you ever want to use it.

HI,

I'm serious planing to buy the R4a and maybe later the R3a. This will make a great combo. I won't need my Leica M6's anymore though.
I'd like to come to Amsterdam but April is already packed with other appoinments.
Cheers,

Michiel Fokkema

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back