Big vs Little

When I lived in England, back in the 80’s I was fascinated by a gallery in York that always had black and white images displayed. Every day off I would open the door and walk slowly around viewing the different art works, some I would stare at for ages and many would not inspire me to stop. But every week it was a ritual of mine that I miss so much today.
There was an Ansel Adams exhibition up in Atlanta in the early 90’s I expected it to be busy, I was in there for a good hour all alone to my amazement.
New Orleans has a magnificent photography gallery, there are prints in there from all of the best and prices to match. It is full of images that will keep you staring for hours……..when I visit houses of friends or whoever, I always look at what is on their walls and in their bookcases. You can tell a lot about someone from those two observations.

You like the details, I like the overall impact.

It is not an either/or choice. You can choose one, both, or neither, and spend as little or as much time as you want with respect to each and every image.

Not everything needs to be seen up close.

You are certainly not obliged to look at things closely. It is entirely your choice.

<snip>

..when I visit houses of friends or whoever, I always look at what is on their walls and in their bookcases. You can tell a lot about someone from those two observations.

It is like their intellectual pedigree. Here I have tufted leatherette up to about waist height on the wall and then garish nudes from there on up. Neon lights and paintings on black velvet complete the effect. The bookcases are full of comic books. ;o) If you've got it, flaunt it.

Traded a 56mm f1.2 Fuji X for Fuji's 50mm f2. Both are very good optically.
405 g vs. 200 g
If I shot a lot of portraiture with an XT "SLR style" body the 56 would probably be ideal...but I don't.
The 50 is more compatible with my X Pro2 "RF style" bodies.
No regrets.

If you're interested... put a JJC brand LH-JXF50S lens hood on your Fujinon XF 50mm f2 lens.

It's low-profile, square shape, aluminum and very well made. I put one on my XF 50mm and I like it a lot.

It looks cool! :cool:

All the best,
Mike

Back