Blik rangefinder adjustment

Eugen Mezei

Well-known
Local time
2:02 PM
Hi!

Got a Blik rangefinder from Lomo. Nice in box.
Pointed it to the moon and I don't get it focussed at infinity.

Where do I need to adjust it?

Eugen

A few years too late but ... remove the three screws that hold the metal shoe on. There are three screws underneath: a large one and two smaller ones close together. Carefully move the two small ones until infinity is correct (they move the RF image back and forth.) I'm not sure what the larger one does, but I was told not to touch it.

If my translation is correct, then "don't screw thin screws until you have loosen the large one". The large screw hold thin frame with mirror and screwing thin screws can damage or distort it if unloosed. In cyrillic alphabet here:

http://rangefinder.ru/oboz/showproduct.php/product/160/cat/500

Ok so are you supposed to unscrew the large one, align the RF with the two small one, and then screw the large one back on? I screwed the small ones only but the RF was out of alignment the next time I picked it up...

Ok so are you supposed to unscrew the large one, align the RF with the two small one, and then screw the large one back on? I screwed the small ones only but the RF was out of alignment the next time I picked it up...

Yes, unscrew the large one slightly, just enough to allow some movement on the two small screws. Once the RF patch is adjusted via the small ones, lock them in place via the bigger screw. It's quite fiddly to adjust.

Yes, unscrew the large one slightly, just enough to allow some movement on the two small screws. Once the RF patch is adjusted via the small ones, lock them in place via the bigger screw. It's quite fiddly to adjust.

Fiddly would be an absolute understatement.

Mine is probably busted, but I just can't seem to get it right. As soon as I loosen the large screw even the slightest, the patch goes absolutely crazy and flies around the viewfinder at the faintest touch. Impossible to calibrate and lock. Just flipping the whole thing to actually see where to screw sends the patch flying.

Can't really expect much from these, since they're so cheap, but it is the best-looking rangefinder out there imo with the most ergonomic focus wheel.

Fiddly would be an absolute understatement.

Mine is probably busted, but I just can't seem to get it right. As soon as I loosen the large screw even the slightest, the patch goes absolutely crazy and flies around the viewfinder at the faintest touch. Impossible to calibrate and lock. Just flipping the whole thing to actually see where to screw sends the patch flying.

Can't really expect much from these, since they're so cheap, but it is the best-looking rangefinder out there imo with the most ergonomic focus wheel.

On mine, the mirror stayed relatively put once I touched the large screw. You can remove the top cover via two screws on the sides, maybe check if something is broken?

Soooooo tricky. I nearly managed to adjust one once. :eek:

Stupid me though, saw that I'd not got it quite right and decided to get it closer. :bang:

Ended up losing my temper and chucking in the bin. :eek:

Back