Bob Nandell - retired staff photographer for The Des Moines Register

raydm6

Yay! Cameras! 🙈🙉🙊┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘ [◉"]
Local time
5:38 PM
Quaint little story (with photos) and video of a retired news photographer. I enjoyed his comments in the short video.

Also by Bob:

And his books:

Thanks for posting. Interesting talk about the changes.
As an aside, as soon as he mentioned the Johnny Bright photo, it reminded me of my old Canadian Football League trading cards; he later played for Edmonton in the CFL.

Great links and thanks for posting. That kind of says that Leicas are more likely to keep going if you use them regularly. No CLA in all that time !

Bob was my mentor and friend while I was in High School and college. He was great to be around, always had stories to share and was always encouraging. He got me on the field for an Iowa football game once and opened some doors at the Register for me. I always drooled when he pulled his Leica out.

Bob was my mentor and friend while I was in High School and college. He was great to be around, always had stories to share and was always encouraging. He got me on the field for an Iowa football game once and opened some doors at the Register for me. I always drooled when he pulled his Leica out.
Great story! Sounds like a great guy and friend. Thank you!

Back