Massachusetts Boston Area "Meeting"

So hey, the night is just real bad here in Boston, pouring rain for the nth day in a row and I turn up at the pub and guess what? I can't find anyone with a camera bag, or anyone interested in a scruffy looking guy with a camera bag...

Where were you guys? Did you go somewhere else? :(

Hey, sorry. I was looking forward to meeting you guys, but I couldn't make it. Not the weather, but a conflicting commitment. Hope we get another chance.

Is this still on for tomorrow evening?

Is the venue still JH or is the plan to try a different spot? Newbury St? Fan Hall? The raw bar at Union? Margarita's and mexican at Casa Romero? Seven's?

I would be interested. It is actually fun to meet "virtual" people.

Where? It would be great if it would be close to a red line stop. Harvard Sq works great for me, but maybe JH is to busy to meet.
When? 6:30 or so ?

Joerg

Yes this is still on (I hope). I am also OK with Cambridge and Harvard Squ. Joerg I have PM'd you my mobile tel # and I can get to Harvard Squ. between 6:30 - 7:00.

You know of a place that's a bit quieter than John Harvard's Brew House near the square?

If anyone else locally wants my cell # PM me.

Hi,

HHHMMMM maybe we could meet at Peets coffeeshop and just see from there?
It is right at the little park on Mt Auburn and JFK (i guess).
Peet's Coffee & Tea
100 Mount Auburn Street
Cambridge, MA 02138

Other suggestions?

Joerg

No that sounds good Joerg. I know a couple of restaurants very close by where we can have a bite & a beer. Will try to get there at 6:30 but I have 3 appointments tomorrow, one in Quincy and two in Boston so give me some rope. Plus we have the cell phone numbers this time. And the hats... :)

Anyone else planning on coming to this? Joerg & I are likely to move somethere else after we meet up at Peet's so it would help if we knew others were planning on turning up. Don't want someone else to have the experience I had last week...

Where did you guys go last night? My plans changed and I could have been in Harvard Square by 9:00, but figured I'd never find you.

Rob

We stayed at Peet's until after 7:00 then moved across the little park in front of Peet's to the Bombay Club and had a meal and a beer there.

We had a great time, Joerg is a very nice guy and he showed me his Leica IIIC (at least I think its a C) which is tiny, too small for my hands. I had brought my two M7s and Joerg tried them out and also had a look at the RFF book that I had brought with me.

Afterward we talked about maybe having a shoot at some point so perhaps more people would come along. It was interesting to me to see and handle Joerg's IIIC as I had never even seen the earlier Leicas before. :)

Back