Box for 120 film

Rogier

Rogier Willems
Local time
11:23 AM
I am looking for a good case / box for 120 / 220 size film.

Something that can hold lets say 6 - 12 rolls of film.

I love this one for 35mm film, if only taller available for 120 / 220

0012650 by Rogier Diver, on Flickr

Until someone decides to start making the cases again, I use the Kodak Pro Pack cardboard boxes. That's what my 220 film comes in anyway, so they are free and I don't have to waste my time looking for something else. Win win.

I use the plastic tubes that came with the Adox and Rollei films but a zip lock bag works well enough.

But Ray, ziploc bags aren't very light tight. :) The plastic Adox tubes protect against light leaks, particularly if the film isn't securely rolled up (as in Shanghai GP3). Glass Key Photo on Haight Street sells new empties for about a buck per. We can stop by next time you're back in town. Rogier, you probably know the place.

yeah it's amazing I've been looking for a simple plastic case like that forever..

the thing is I don't feel like paying for it to come all the way from japan when the shipping is more than the price of the case..

edit just did a quick google search and found this

http://www.porters.com/film-darkroom/film-darkroom-accessories/film-stor-box-grey.html

not exactly what i was looking for but 99 cents so it's dirt cheap and I will give it a try.

Last edited:
:eek:I bought 3 more of the 35mm boxes from Japan Camera Hunter. Not cheap

I have the Adox tubes for the 120 film But really like to have the film well packed together in a "brick". Saves a lot of space and keeps stuff organized.

Fret not. In a few years, all of these things would be readily "printable" with 3D printers at affordable prices. Hell, you can purchase a 3D printer for 1500USD these days. Truly wonderful times.

The 3D printer will be crippled once it really catches on by some kind of hardware DRM. The way I see it working is that, in the future, folks are going to own the digital rights to everything, and you'll end up paying a fee for most anything that is not totally original when you print it on a 3D printer. Digital rights assignment will probably become part of the patent process.

Thanks for the mail.
I am going to be making the cases next year. They will be available then.
Thanks
Bellamy

I am looking for a good case / box for 120 / 220 size film.

Something that can hold lets say 6 - 12 rolls of film.

I love this one for 35mm film, if only taller available for 120 / 220

0012650 by Rogier Diver, on Flickr

Yes, I am making these next year. 120 size, based on the originals.

Just for reference though, that is actually my picture that you have out on flickr. I would prefer it if you took it down and instead linked one of my pictures. Thanks

Back