Brand New Rolleiflex cameras (film and digital) At Photokina!

The original dies were thrown out by Rollei at some point! The new Rolleis are based on Rolleicords..i handled one of the "new" ones, back in 1999? in LA. I found it stiff and awful to use.Felt like i was pushing the shutter thru sheet metal. i was almost lynched at the other forum site.. Soon others mentioned the poor feel. I guess at the NEW and BIG price, they will feel like a precision product. For me the format, the usage of film, too much bother.
Anyway my Automat is still smooth, beautiful and working for that odd roll or two. The DSLR looks stunning but again not for me.

Last edited:
Somewhere I read there is no internal bayonet. Can you mount filters on the FX and the FX-N?
Thx

The normal 2,8 FX takes Bayonet III filters.

The 2,8 FX-N seems to take Bayonet IV hood and screw-in filters. It doesn't have an inner bayonet. I don't know the dimension, but of course you should be able to use filters.

Somewhere I read there is no internal bayonet. Can you mount filters on the FX and the FX-N?
Thx

FX and FW have inner and outer bayonets on both lenses. Looking at pictures of the FX-N it would appear that it does not, but Breuget Camera on ebay states:

The filter mount is changed to Bay IV. We have the filter in stock.

I'd suggest an email to DHW to find out.

My Rolleicord V will probably take almost identical photos and what I bought it for is less than the sales tax on one of these. But more power to them. Hope they sell a ton.

That's enough for me :)

Do You know where can I Find in Europe?

Thanks!

Email DHW, they'll likely know who they sell them to.

My Rolleicord V will probably take almost identical photos and what I bought it for is less than the sales tax on one of these. But more power to them. Hope they sell a ton.

Depends on what one likes in a metering system, lens coatings and a warranty I suppose.

And DHW is wonderful when it comes to warranty.

Back