Broken Rapidwinder

Rayt

Nonplayer Character
Local time
1:09 PM
I was shooting and felt the belt snapped. I opened it up and confirmed it didn’t slip off or anything but torn at one end. Is there a designated repair shop with parts for the Rapidwinder?

I have another Rapidwinder and I get uneven frame spacing using it. The spacing seems to go in cycles: too wide, normal, paper thin, normal, too wide, repeat. I understand from an old post from Tom that it can be fixed.

Check the site (I think it's still up) and reach out to Tuulikki via email. I see advertising stuff here but not sure how she is doing. She is a wonderful person and if she can help I know she will.

B2 (;->

Tuulikki CAN get Rapidwinders repaired, just contact her.

And yes, of course RapidWinder.com is still in business.

Stephen

An update on this thread - I have an Abrahamsson rapidwinder (vers 1) for my MP. I was wanting to get some advice or send it to Tuulikki. I contacted her (via email with attached pics) over a year ago but got no reply then resent the email a few months later to no avail.
Is this the correct email address?
[email protected]
Does anyone here know if rapidwinders are still being serviced in the original fashion when Tom was still with us.

Tuulikki replied to me immediately so I can only think of a technical reason why she hasn’t replied like the email went into the junk folder?

BTW mine couldn’t be repaired because the belt isn’t a standard size. Tuulikki surmised it must have been a really early version before Tom standardised the production. I have many Rapidwinders and can’t remember which was which so maybe she’s right. Tom did hand one to me in person early on. Anyway I got good use out of it.

Back