Bronica AE II prism Questions

lxmike

M2 fan.
Local time
8:51 PM
Has anybody used or owned a Bronica AE-II, l am considering getting one and want to know what the finder is like, how bright are the LED meter led and how bright is the prism in general

thanks for any advice or help:)

I own the AE 11 and can say that the LED display is quite bright on my example, the finder itself is also bright. Any of the two different screens I have and use are easy to
focus with. I haven't had good luck using the autoexposure, but I've only used it for one roll and in fact may be more my fault. Having said that though, I have a great success rate simply using the LED's suggested shutter speeds. The idea of the AE 111 has appealed to me,but the prices are rather steep for the spot metering advantage ( that I doubt I could use effectively ). This experience is with the ETR(si) model. YMMV !
Peter

I own the AE 11 and can say that the LED display is quite bright on my example, the finder itself is also bright. Any of the two different screens I have and use are easy to
focus with. I haven't had good luck using the autoexposure, but I've only used it for one roll and in fact may be more my fault. Having said that though, I have a great success rate simply using the LED's suggested shutter speeds. The idea of the AE 111 has appealed to me,but the prices are rather steep for the spot metering advantage ( that I doubt I could use effectively ). This experience is with the ETR(si) model. YMMV !
Peter

many many thanks for the inrofmation, l think l will hunt myself out an AE II:D

The AEII is brighter than the AEIII and worlds better than the finder on the Mamiya 645e; the only other 645 I've used. The AEII is quite easy to use & focus, LEDs are bright but not obtrusive, I've had good luck with the AE but its no "smarter" than other center-weighted-average meters. Its a lot like shooting with a good, modern 35mm SLR.

If you are currently shooting with a WLF and don't already have a grip, you'll probably want one for working at eye level.

I had the AEII and it was just like using a 35mm with the grip, sometimes I miss that camera but I'm not a fan of the aspect ratio.

Back