Bronica Ec-tl ?

Moto-Uno

Moto-Uno
Local time
2:01 PM
Does anyone here own and use one ? Pros and cons ? Meter failures ? Considering using it for chromes (projection) and my Welta Welturs' uncoated lens seems more comfortable with B&W . And are they as loud as my old Bronica S2 ? Thanks in advance for any experiences . Peter

They are significantly quieter than the S2 series. That sounds like racking a shotgun really fast.
The impulse of the ECTL feels longer and softer. The mirror is split and that is one weak part but one I only heard of getting out of alignment. Mine always worked perfectly. Meter was always dead on. A friend of mine has been using his for at least the last eight years and has had no problems. I hear it is good practice to locate a donor body for the electronics but I've never known anyone personally who had to do this.
I really think the Bronica S mount lenses, especially wides are better than most 6x6 offerings with less distortion as they are not retrofocal, or not nearly as such as other front swinging mirror 120 SLRs.

Phil Forrest

Thanks "Phil" for responding so quickly , and with what I wanted to hear . Particularly pleased to hear your experiences with the meter , the AE11 on my Etrsi has been a welcome addition to my kit , and is seldom fooled . Peter

Back