Bronica RF20

Debusti Paolo

Well-known
Local time
8:41 PM
hi Guys,
i'm back......that's what happened.....
i forgot the batteries inside my bronica rf20 speedlite for a year+++++:D:D some acid dropped from them (durAcell the most expensive ones:mad::mad:)
and the flash is not working anymore.tryed to clean but there is some green rust..should I throw it away?is it to fix?how much will it cost?need the official assistance?or can an electronic shop fix it?thanks
for any help!!!nice to be back again:rolleyes::rolleyes:

tryed to clean but there is some green rust..should I throw it away?is it to fix?

If you are lucky, it only destroyed the solder points and/or wires of the battery compartment - that is a DIY fix. If the acid has eaten traces off the PCB and no original spares are available any more, a seasoned electronics hobbyist could re-build the PCB within a few days of work, but having that done professionally would exceed the price of even the most expensive new flash...

As Sevo said, it depends a bit. Best would be to take it far enough apart to check the parts well and clean them if needed. They will need a good clean. The green rust should be completely abraded away and then the springs recoated. Could be some laquer on the parts that don't make contact and a bit of tinning on tharts that do make contact.

AFAIK Tamron doesn't service the Bronica gear anymore.

Back