Bronica RF645 - Eveready/Neveready case??

R

rmann

I am currently using a square warp with velcro tabs (Domke) when taking the Bronica RF645 into the "field" - it sort of works but is ackward to use and a little funky looking. Has anyone found a "eveready" case that would work better? Perhaps a Zing - I have a small one from a 35mm camera kit, but it does not fit - do they make something larger? At the high end, is there anyone out there who does custom cases?

i'm curious why you would want one?

i have never liked using one myself, they always seem to get in the way or i miss a shot taking the front peice off.
just curious...

joe

I have a nice soft pouch thing that came with my Fuji GA645, not sure if it's original equip or something the previous owner threw in on the sale. But it promptly was tossed into the back of the closet as more trouble than it's worth. I suspect it fit the Bronica too...

I'd suggest instead a small carry case that will hold another lens or two, cable release, some film and filters. This is good protection for the camera, and a good way to carry the minimal other gear you'll likely need.

I'm not fond of ready cases, though I have in the past used the lower half of one on a 35. Not sure why, come to think of it... :)

I've never been a fan of camera cases, either. They are much more "never" than "ever" ready.

There was a time when, if you bought a 35mm camera, it CAME WITH a 50mm lens and a "never-ready" case. Nowadays the common practice is to buy the body and add on whatever lenses or accessories you choose. Some stores sell what they call "kit" outfits, but I'd just as soon choose my own stuff.

For a while, I carried cameras in their "never ready" cases until I realized I was wasting precious time to get them out of it.

But then, the ever doubting process kicked in again. Aren't these things for protection anyway?

So, my compromise is this: I keep them at home under cases, but when they go out, they're naked.

Except the Nikon SLR, though. It's plastic, it's big, it's noticeable, I don't care if people see me using it. ;)

most <hard>camera cases do somthing well; protect the camera.
in general they deploy with some difficulty to the taking mode.
i use a variety of domke bags; the rf and its 3 lenses will probably fit into the #3 compact bag; the camera with a lens fits in and there are 2 interior/ open pocket-spaces to put the other lenses. additional flapped pockets outside for film- left and filters-right ; theres also a front area for meter; and a rear pocket for my meter target. theres even a zipped pocket for the cable release + whatever- my small swiss army knife; lens cleaning cloth;

you unsnap the bag; reach in and pull out the camera with the lens attached & your ready to shoot.
the smallest of the sachels is also good.
additional pockets and inserts can be fitted;
i pad the bottom and use cut shampoo bottles with padded bottoms for the lenses- they slide out well.
thats one of my favorite bags.
fcg

Back