Bronica RF645 - Vertical Alignment

beethamd

Unix-like
Local time
9:01 PM
Has anyone managed to sucessfully adjust their rangefinder patch alignment? One of mine has gone out of alignment, vertically.

It's been a little off for a while, but recently it seems to have drifted or been knocked quite a bit off, making focussing rather problematic. Intro2020 adjusted the second RF I have, but this one was purchased second hand some time ago so I don't think they'd do the repair under warranty.

David

I have just received my "new" RF 645 and have exactly the same problem with slight vertical misalignment. I'd also be interested in any do-it-yourself solution. I have noticed a little circular cover on the back of the topplate (about a cm below the hotshoe) under which there is a small screw. This screw must adjust the rangefinder in some way. I haven't had the nerve to twiddle it yet though!
--
Monz

Last edited:
It is possible, though unlikely from the sounds of things, that you might find better alignment if you shift your eye up or down in the viewfinder. I find that mine looks vertically misaligned until I move my eyepoint lower.

Monz Ahmed said:
I have just received my "new" RF 645 and have exactly the same problem with slight vertical misalignment. I'd also be interested in any do-it-yourself solution. I have noticed a little circular cover on the back of the topplate (about a cm below the hotshoe) under which there is a small screw. This screw must adjust the rangefinder in some way. I haven't had the nerve to twiddle it yet though!
--
Monz

Hi,
This is for the horizontal allignment.
I had mine alligned about a year ago but is vertical of again.
Horizintal can be done using the small screw. Just calibrate at infinity.

Cheers,

Michiel Fokkema

Back