Bronica S2/a gear

FrankS

Local time
12:45 PM
For some reason, I enjoy using this camera more than my Hasselblad 500cm. It's funkier, and certainly louder. I think it also has to do with the feel of the lens: 75f2.8 Nikkor's smooth focus ring, compared to my T* 80f2.8 with its sharp edges. The 75 Nikkor renders very pleasingly wide open and focused close.

I'm excited today to have just bought a very nice Nikkor H 50mm f3.5 lens for it. The 2.8 version is said to be improved, but I like how the 3.5 is compact and doesn't stick out from the body like the f2.8 Nikkor, and the distagon 50 for the hasselblad do.

Does anyone have related experiences to share? Reading about a piece of gear you're waiting for in anticipation is very enjoyable.

Here's the seller's picture of my new lens:

I have this lens, but I'm sorry to say, I've never shot it. The 75mm is a jewel, as is the 100mm f2.8, and I agree the Bronica has some handling advantages over the 500 C/M. That said, I'm in the process of selling off my S2A and related gear in favor of Hasselblad, mostly for considerations of long-term serviceability - but I'll miss it.

Back