building a new kit...

back alley

IMAGES
Local time
8:54 AM
well a new kit from used gear...

started out with getting the eos m with the 22/2 lens at a pretty good price...
was gifted with a canon ef>m adapter...very nice and a generous gesture from a rff member...
found a really cheap canon ef 40/2.8 lens...
the 22 and the 40 are a nice combo...

kept an eye open for the celebrated canon m 11-22 lens...no luck so far but found a like new real cheap efs 55-250 lens today!!

so i have the eos m body/22/40/55-250 as small/cheap kit so far...

and the light weight zoom balances quite well on the small eos body...
time to break out a bigger bag!!

May I suggest a Legacy glass selection for your kit:

15721391024_7e4c4da4f0_b.jpg

The Konica Hexanon AR 40mm f/1.8 is small and light, and has some groovy Circle of Confusion (what people would call bokeh) wide open.. The above lens with Fotasy adapter cost me a total of $41.

Konica Hex glass is excellent!

Jason

May I suggest a Legacy glass selection for your kit:

15721391024_7e4c4da4f0_b.jpg

The Konica Hexanon AR 40mm f/1.8 is small and light, and has some groovy Circle of Confusion (what people would call bokeh) wide open.. The above lens with Fotasy adapter cost me a total of $41.

Konica Hex glass is excellent!

Jason

i have a hard time understanding the criticism for the looks of the little m body (read elsewhere on the net)...i think it's very attractive...especially with that konica lens on it. but my eyes prefer af these days...even slow af ;)

i always thought the 55-250 was underrated, it's got good IQ, esp for the price, and it's nice and light weight.

i recently tried the canon 85/1.8 on the eos M. i was pleasantly surprised, it focused quickly, smoothly, and accurately, even in relatively low light, and it didn't feel as big as i expected on the body. the canon 50/1.4, which has a rougher version of canon's USM autofocus, isn't nearly as quick or smooth. i shoot canon dslr so i have a bunch of canon lenses, but i would still prefer a set of pancake primes that don't need the adapter, though.

i always thought the 55-250 was underrated, it's got good IQ, esp for the price, and it's nice and light weight.

i recently tried the canon 85/1.8 on the eos M. i was pleasantly surprised, it focused quickly, smoothly, and accurately, even in relatively low light, and it didn't feel as big as i expected on the body. the canon 50/1.4, which has a rougher version of canon's USM autofocus, isn't nearly as quick or smooth. i shoot canon dslr so i have a bunch of canon lenses, but i would still prefer a set of pancake primes that don't need the adapter, though.

the m body is absolutely built for pancake primes!

so i think my kit is done (or almost done...)

eos m body
11-22
18-55
and 40efs plus adapter
90flash

if the 50-200 should present itself i might bite if i have the cash on hand but i'm not actively pursuing one...

and it all fits into a tenba dna8 bag!!!

I don't get why Canon doesn't grow the EOS M faster...
I have a buddy on a another forum who just produces great images from it.. he also loves the 22mm pancake...

I hear a lot of good for this little system camera.

Joe,
Looks like a nice alternative to the Fuji X (I assume you still have).. when you want a bit more compact.

I have a buddy on a another forum who just produces great images from it.. he also loves the 22mm pancake...

Shhhhhhhh! I'm trying to get one from eBay cheap, because they are so bad! :D

Joe,
Looks like a nice alternative to the Fuji X (I assume you still have).. when you want a bit more compact.

there's another forum out there?

Back