Built my Xp3 three lens kit

Huss

Mentor
Local time
4:26 PM
My favorite focal length is 40mm, so that brings in the 27mm 2.8.
Also great because it is very small and you don't see it in the OVF. The 27mm frame lines in the OVF are great. Unlike the 35/50 etc.
This will be my primary 90% of the time on the camera lens.
For the occasional wide angle use, the very small 16 2.8. Will be using the EVF with that (flipping the switch on the front of the camera - no need to plug in an external VF!).
For night time/dim light conditions I'll bring along the 7A 28 1.4 which also mimics the 40mm focal length. This requires manual focusing which is not ideal on this camera but workable.
The 16 slips into a pocket so no need for a camera bag. The 7A needs a bigger pocket but that just means a light jacket.

My three lens kit consists of the 16/2.8, 23/2 & 35/2. I really like the little ƒ2 primes. At least we agree on the 16mm.

I didn't like the 27mm because of the lack of an aperture ring. I kept reaching for one but it wasn't there. But it is a pretty sharp little lens.

My three lens kit consists of the 16/2.8, 23/2 & 35/2. I really like the little ƒ2 primes. At least we agree on the 16mm.

I didn't like the 27mm because of the lack of an aperture ring. I kept reaching for one but it wasn't there. But it is a pretty sharp little lens.

Turning the dial on the front of the camera w my finger doesn't bother me much.
But I can see how it is nice to have all the lenses matched up. For me the focal length is more important than the aperture ring.
And I really like using the OVF and seeing nothing but frame lines! The 23 etc cut into the OVF.

While I have other lenses, my primary 3-lens kit is comprised of: the 16/1.4, 23/1.4 and the CV 75/1.5 (which, due to my recent knee surgery, I haven't really had a chance to take out for a spin).

my kit changes with my moods...
but i am consistent with the pool i choose from.

16/35/50 is likely the kit they will find in the bag next to my body...

As a world class fuji fanboy, I have more than 3 lenses... ;) BUT...my favorites:

35mm F2, 50mm F2, 56mm 1.2

I admit though... I`m usually a one lens, one body for the day type of guy...and sometimes I use a zoom (16-80mm).

I do use the 18-55mm quite a bit as a complement to the above 3-lens kit, which just about mirror my preferred AOV for lenses on a full frame body (24, 35, 105). If Fuji ever comes out with a 70/2.0, I'm all in.

I want to keep the kit small as poss and use the OVF as much as poss, so the excellent 18-55 was ruled out. If I had an XT series lump it would be in.

i went out this morning wearing only an xpro3 with the 27 attached by a short strap so the camera was resting at my lower beard...
what a perfect 1 lens kit...i was tempted to add the 60 into my coat pocket.

I have just a X-E3 and 18mm f/2 lens ( and the 15-45 ). I've considered the 50mm f/2 but hate dealing with dust on the sensor. Why I don't use the 15-45 and keep the 18 on the X-E3. Just curious how these cameras do shaking the dust off the sensor and keeping them clean.

I have just a X-E3 and 18mm f/2 lens ( and the 15-45 ). I've considered the 50mm f/2 but hate dealing with dust on the sensor. Why I don't use the 15-45 and keep the 18 on the X-E3. Just curious how these cameras do shaking the dust off the sensor and keeping them clean.

I use 2x x-e1 bodies, each set up using sensor cleaning at startup and shutdown, and the files are really spotless. But I only own 2 lenses, so there's no swapping or zooming to account for.

My prime three-lens Fuji-X kit is:
23mm f/1.4
56mm f/1.2
16mm f/1.4

My zoom three-lens Fuji-X kit is:
50-140mm f/2.8
16-55mm f/2.8
12mm f/2.8 Zeiss

Back