Local time
9:03 AM
Calgary, Alberta

9103801605_976280fbef_z.jpg

9105985352_5602e3e7a2_z.jpg

9103719481_8b06773dce_z.jpg

9104179425_92fd52ee31_z.jpg

Joe - all is well. Got evacuated.

Derrick - Yes evacuated as well & likewise our condo is in the 2nd photo. Where are you at (which condo)? I'm at Waterfront.

I've heard that disasters bring people closer together, but you've just discovered that you're neighbours? Cool.

WTF! We're neighbors! Waterfront tower 1! Have you heard any news?

Small world!
Earliest is this Wednesday. Apparently no water penetration... Not even in P4. I walked up to the condo yesterday and there may be just enough of an elevation to spare our building.
We should do coffee neighbor - I'm in tower 2.

Small world!
Earliest is this Wednesday. Apparently no water penetration... Not even in P4. I walked up to the condo yesterday and there may be just enough of an elevation to spare our building.
We should do coffee neighbor - I'm in tower 2.

Wow, I gotta say I'm very surprised. I was certain I lost everything in storage, especially since I was in P4. Do you know if there was any power loss? I tried calling but got no answer.

ha! a calgary meet is only an elevator away...

You're certainly welcomed to join us Joe! Bring your rain boots ;)

No power or gas as per concierge (I was surprised someone answered at concierge). Who knows if it'll stay dry.... fingers crossed it will if in fact it is.

Wow, I gotta say I'm very surprised. I was certain I lost everything in storage, especially since I was in P4. Do you know if there was any power loss? I tried calling but got no answer.

You're certainly welcomed to join us Joe! Bring your rain boots ;)

eventually, i'll get to calgary for a visit...i use to go often as i quite a few friends there...i must have become less friendly as i aged.

eventually, i'll get to calgary for a visit...i use to go often as i quite a few friends there...i must have become less friendly as i aged.

Is the Alberta chapter of RFF gonna actually meet? Hasn't gone beyond typed letters here in the forum :)

9112130145_7f89d1fff1_z.jpg

This was taken yesterday, but just 18 hrs prior, you couldn't see the sidewalk. I assume, it has gotten better today.

Yeah I just home an hour ago and the only thing I lost was food. We're soooooo lucky.

I'm off to help a friend with his clean up tomorrow. He lives over in Erlton and spent the day ripping out drywall and carpet :(

Back