camera and watch .......

Nice Speedy Pro. I need to wear mine more often. That SBOOI mates quite well with the Canon.

I need to get crackin'. I have either watch or camera standalone photos. None both together.
Thanks. The SBOOI has been a revelation. It's like seeing with a new pair of eyes. Which, to be frank, I increasingly feel I need.

The Speedy deserves the love. I hope you find occasions to bring It back on your wrist. It is quite possibly one of the two-three most iconic timepieces. Nice to see I am not the only one who thinks so in this crew.

My Seiko Titanium Dive Watch & X-T2​
DSCF3792.jpg

Fujifilm X100V
Astia film simulation
Tully's Coffee Shop, Bashamichi Train Station
Yokohama, Japan - February, 2023
Image resized smaller than original​

I love that ciné camera and tube radio.

So, here are my mechanical watches. The Seiko Diver and TAG Heuer are automatics, the rest are manual-wind.

The unusual thing to note about the Seiko Diver is that it can’t be manually wound with the stem: it can only be wound by wrist motion.

The Speedmaster is a manual-wind with display back. The movement here is an 1863 with a cam controlling the chronograph (whereas the actual Apollo 11 watch had a 321 movement and the much-preferred castle-wheel controlling the chronograph).

The watch with no strap here is a previously lost watch which I wore as a teenager (I still have its plastic strap). After many decades I recently found this watch among an old box of developer trays and tongs. It makes sense - I probably used the watch to time my enlargement exposures and developing times.

The Minox camera here is not a IIIs or even a III - based on the serial number it’s a II. I didn’t realize that when I bought it.
17D2D520-A228-41C8-8B2E-47D7712BD17F.jpegE0B9D3B1-EFAA-4C3D-B80A-C4A6EC1CFB6F.jpeg

Last edited:
Here's a Ball railroad watch from 1905, along with one of my grandfather's old Kodak cameras. The grade 999 movement was made by Hamilton. The view through the crystal to the dial and hands is obscured by scratches in the glass. This watch and camera both saw some action!

This watch represents an earlier period in railroad timekeeping standards, shown by the numerals on the dial and the hands being less bold than was required later on. The standards evolved over time, and later railroad watches have hands and dials that are much bolder and easier to read in dimly lit conditions.

_DSF7375.jpg

Last edited:
This thread made me dig out some old stuff from the attic. Here it is, my first watch - my parents bought it for me when i was in Year 3 (or thereabout) in primary school. It was my watch throughout primary school and highschool.
I haven't used it for around 30 years now - it is an Orient Quartz. I am looking for a repair person to see if it can be restored. It is in very sad state, loads of verdigris on the dial and the letters are flacking.

20230228_081828.jpg

Please... continue:geek:
I'm enjoying this and will contribute whenever I get home to my watches. When traveling, I never bring one (the M3 is already too much to keep discreet)

Here's a Hamilton "Steeldon" from the 1950s. This was part of the CLD line of water resistant watches they made back then. CLD was marketing speak for "sealed". The original dial and hands feature radium luminous material, and this one still glows fairly well.

_DSF7381.jpg

Back