Canada Canadians: Anyone ever shop at Freestyle?

You pay taxes when you buy in person, too, so that's no big deal.

No store would, or should, refund or exchange consumable materials like film or paper. Once it has left the store there is no way to verify what kind of conditions it's been exposed to so there is no way they can accept it back and resell it to the next customer.
So, why the seller of electronic equipment or computers should take it back from you if device you bought does not function as it should? Who knows, maybe you connected sound card output to power outlet and now bring it back because there is no sound after you fixed the problem and connected speakers to that wires. And if you bring TV set back to Wal Mart because it does not work, they are not supposed to put it back on shelf in order to sell it to the next customer. Yes, I agree, everyone can glue back the box after exposing film or photo paper to the light. Also, one may just put photo paper into microwave for couple of minutes or do anything else ridiculously insane. We love insane people and giving up our rights for the insane people, I know. So consumables like paper and film are out of questions no matter were packages open or not.
But my point is that any out-of-dated item should be marked as such (does not matter discounted price or not - it's purely discretion of seller) and customer should not be mistaken.
In my case, there was nothing wrong. It was completely my mistake. I bought 2 packs of paper, I started to use one and I tried to replace the second one because the first one was obviously out dated. Though it was fun to hear "there is no expiration date on paper - there is no such thing - so all my stock is good, even if some items may be 20-25 years old". However, I just mentioned my personal shopping experience buying locally and it's not any better than buying stuff on-line (basically playing lottery).

Back