Canon 28mm f3.5 or f2.8 on Leica M - Anyone one using one?

You may have meant to also include the Kobalux 28/3.5 ltm. It is a very good 28mm lens. I sold off my Canon 28/3.5 ltm and kept the Kobalux and the Rokkor-M 28/2.8M.
Kobalux & Avenon are the same lenses sold under different names. I've handled the 21 and 28 when i was in Japan but didn't buy one. I find it interesting in the review that the vignetting doesn't improve when stopping down.
https://casualphotophile.com/2020/07/01/kobalux-wide-28mm-f-3-5-ltm-lens-review/
In any case in this thread i was looking for info by those who'd used the Canon LTM 28mm lenses

The Canon 28/3.5 is a very capable lens, in my opinion. Roland (Federer) agreed with us years ago that the 28/3.5 is sharper than the 28/2.8.
Yes, I know that the Kobalux is the same lens as the Avenon. I don't see such vignetting.

The Canon 28/3.5 is a very capable lens, in my opinion. Roland (Federer) agreed with us years ago that the 28/3.5 is sharper than the 28/2.8.
Yes, I know that the Kobalux is the same lens as the Avenon. I don't see such vignetting.
Who's Roland.... and who are "us" ?....

Who's Roland.... and who are "us" ?....
Roland (or using his RFF name Ferider) was a very active poster here at RFF. As an engineer he brought us all lots of useful information on many lenses, I recall. "us" is me and him agreeing on this finding. You don't know Roland?

Roland (or using his RFF name Ferider) was a very active poster here at RFF. As an engineer he brought us all lots of useful information on many lenses, I recall. "us" is me and him agreeing on this finding. You don't know Roland?
Thank you Raid... No i didn't know him. After my test rolls and prints... i'm quite happy with the example of the 28mm 2.8 i got.

Canon 28/3.5

57540008-XL.jpg

Damascus, Syria 2008

It may have been a theft in the bazar, with the teenager running away from the guy chasing him. It is outside the mosque.
Here is a shot taken wide open inside the bazar or market.

55450002-XL.jpg

55300019-XL.jpg

Can the Canon 28mm 2.8 fit on a .72 Leica m6? And does anyone know if the frameline selector automatically selects when using a LTM to Bayonet adapter?

Can the Canon 28mm 2.8 fit on a .72 Leica m6? And does anyone know if the frameline selector automatically selects when using a LTM to Bayonet adapter?
Yes it will fit...it's a very compact lens and won't intrude in the viewfinder. I'm sure it will key the 28 frameline if you have the correct 28mm adapter (28/90) for example (Cameraquest.... link below.... or cheaper versions elsewhere. amazon or ebay)

Nice shot. Are you happy with the lens?
Very happy.... it's tiny & i like the character. I use it a lot on my CL (film) i find a 40mm too restrictive in general. @f8 and hyperfocal distance...it's a high class point-&-shoot....

Attachments

• IMG_7131 3.jpg
    IMG_7131 3.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6854.JPG
    IMG_6854.JPG
    241.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Back