Canon Hansa on Shopgoodwill

Current bid $1076.

The dood who dropped it off at Goodwill thinking it was worthless junk... Priceless.

Shopgoodwill boggles my mind. They have no idea if the camera works or not, but people will pay top dollar for some reason. Not in this case, obviously. I'm moreso thinking of seeing cameras that go for 40 bucks on ebay go for over 100 on here.

look at the missing screws,
probably the victim of DIYS repair attempt

It's also missing the cold shoe (which has an arrow to indicate shutter speed) and the focusing wheel (no surprise, the screw that holds it is slightly stripped on its slot). Who knows what else lurks under the ERC. This could be a thousand dollar paperweight.

That pre-dates the M39 threadmount, if I remember right? I wonder if I can rig up some sort of adapter and use it on my Sony mirrorless. Using the rest as a thousand dollar paperweight of course.

3.5 hours to go, and it's over $4100. Lot of money for a parts donor. I don't do much more than look about once a week since they changed the site. I like the way it works, but now there are way too many people on it with no idea what stuff is worth, and tend to bid things up too high. Plus, they have more junk than before.

PF

In some countries, collectors buy such cameras and shrink wrap them first. Then they hide them in some safe. They would never bother to figure out if their purchases were reasonable or not.

Or it could be worth several thousand, after CLA.

Fascinating camera, product of both Canon and Nikon that made the lens.

But I will no longer buy off shopgoodwill.com I used to think it was a better site because you wont be sniped or have someone shill for the seller.... but... the shipping and handling is excessive and prices are generally higher than ebay.

Regards, David

Back