Canon p Lens mount confusion

123rr

Local time
7:34 PM
Hi,

I have recently bought a Canon p and I seem to be getting more and more confused the more i read in regards to what lens I need. It seems to say online " Leica M39 screw mount (LTM)"

are all LTM lens the same?

for example would this lens work -Voigtlander ULTRON 35mm F1.7 Aspherical Black L39 LTM Leica Mount

any advice would be appreciated, as I am getting more confused the more variations I see.

I am looking for a 35mm lens ideally 250-350 budget!

Thanks

The Voigtlander 35/1.7 will be fine on the Canon P.

The confusion comes with "39mm screw mount". There were SLRs that used 39mm thread lenses, and enlargers that use 39mm lenses. Add to that- Russian 39mm rangefinder lenses that are made to a slightly different standard.

The Voigtlander 39mm lenses are made to the Leica spec, and the 35/1.7 is a great choice. I've used one for years. For a 50mm lens- the Canon 50/1.8 is a great choice, but "condition is everything". Feel free to post questions.

confirm the above.
LTM fits the Canon model P with no worries....switched LTM lenses between LTM Leica and LTM canon countless times. Also, used LTM on M mount Leicas via an adapter, which is a lot of fun.

I have the Canon 50 1.4 LTM (brilliant), 50 1.8 LTM (almost as brilliant and much less expensive) and 35mm f2 LTM, which is brilliant and one of my favorite lenses ever.

Enjoy. Lots of advice in this forum, and contributors really know their stuff.

Back