Can't send PM. "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

mirei

Local time
5:27 AM
I can't send messages to other forums members. For example in the classifieds section if I click "Message me" button, the forum will tell me "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.".
Is my account level too low? Or there is another correct portal for sending messages?
Thank you!

I suspect you have too few messages posted. We just switched over to new forum software this year. There are parameters set for features to be enabled as members make more posts.

I suspect you have too few messages posted. We just switched over to new forum software this year. There are parameters set for features to be enabled as members make more posts.
Thank you. I'm not a film photography expert, so I usually don't have much experience to contribute to the forum. That's why I'm refraining from posting anything.
I just checked. I can send messages now. So only one new thread would enable the messages. :geek:

yes, the system is set up so as to prevent spam.

new members have to have posts approved, once a member is established as a real contributing member, that opens up the ability to send private messages.

Thanks for joining up!

I checked my profile / email history and got this:

“There are no conversations to display.”

Any help on this is appreciated.

Thanks

And I'm not new, I've been on RFF for many years.
That's odd, since you show as having joined on "Jul 20, 2023". Did you register with a new ID?

Note that I'd not posted here, until recently, for 5-6 years - but resurrected my old user-ID, rather creating a new one.

...Mike

Back