Case and Bag for Xpan?

slim-jm

Local time
8:27 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the list and just this week bought a (NOS) Xpan. The camera had been sitting on the shelf of a camera store in Tulsa for some time and they made me an incredible deal, so thanks Camera Gallery!

Anyway, I want to take care of my investment and am wondering about the fitted case that Hasselblad makes. I've read that the finish on this camera is not the most durable and I also want to keep out dust, rodents (ha) or whatever and wonder if anyone on this list uses one. The fitted case seems a bit large and clunky and the term "neveready" comes to mind.

I've also seen the bag for the Xpan and wonder if it's worth the price. If I was carrying the Xpan I would probably want to carry my small Pentax ME Super with say a 50mm and 28mm. Would these all fit comfortably and does the bag have somewhere to strap a small tripod?

Thanks and I hope to have some photos to show soon.

Jim

Does the XPan bag look expensive and say "Hasselblad" on the outside? Some dedicated bags are rich-looking leather, and a well-known camera logo or name would be nice to own and use, but also would seem to say "steal me!" Someone here earlier said they use a clearly labeled "Pampers" bag that might offer theft-resistance. :)

You're absolutely right. I have it in a generic bag that I had given to my wife to use and when she switched to another bag, it got thrown in her closet and the cats used it for a scratching post. It's still functional so maybe I should patch up the handle and stick with it.

As for the fitted case, I would still like to know if anyone has used it. I have cases for all my other cameras and am leaning towards getting it. I don't want to bang up the camera when I'm carrying it around and feel the case would help in that regard.

Back