Case study - digital OM/FM - would you buy?

Case study - digital OM/FM - would you buy?

• I would be very interested in it, but realistically couldn't afford or justify the price

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • I would buy it, and I would pay up to $2500us

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I would buy it, and I would pay up to $3200us

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I would not be interested in this camera

Votes: 31 25.4%

• Total voters
I would buy such a contraption, but not for the indicated price. I'd probably bite for around $1,000.

I will not buy another digital camera (last was in 2008) until I can get the equivalent of a full-frame OM-2.

The fake "OM-D" / EM-5 disgusts me. They should have never put "OM" on there.

Let's see here, 3000$ buys me ~800-1000 rolls of Tri-X and I'll still have an OM-1/2/3 valued at the same price I bought it after I've shot all said 30,000+ frames (which based on a 1000 rolls would probably be in excess of 5+ years).

The last thing I'm thinking about is new camera bodies or technology - as the problem is not the technology available to us but the way people approach photography these days.

I will not buy another digital camera (last was in 2008) until I can get the equivalent of a full-frame OM-2.

The fake "OM-D" / EM-5 disgusts me. They should have never put "OM" on there.

I never really bonded with my OMD in the brief time I had it but it was a fine camera IMO.

Why the term fake ... surely it's their perogative to give the camera whatever name they want?

Insufficient poll options. I would be interested in it, but cannot stipulate what I felt it was worth until I have the camera to evaluate.

As an SLR goes, the Olympus E-1 is a nearly perfect design IMO.

G

I never really bonded with my OMD in the brief time I had it but it was a fine camera IMO.

Why the term fake ... surely it's their perogative to give the camera whatever name they want?

Fake "OM"... they can call it whatever they want but to put "OM" on it is an insult to the family.

Even an OM2000 is more real than the EM-5.

Fake "OM"... they can call it whatever they want but to put "OM" on it is an insult to the family.

Even an OM2000 is more real than the EM-5.

I agree that the true OM line is certainly not represented in the OMD to any real degree ... but it seems to be a trend these days.

The BMW Mini comes to mind here! :D

A couple of years ago, I really thought that a digital F3HP would be the thing I want and would get most from. However, I'm still shooting film 80% of the time and I love my F3HP as it is as, indeed, I do my Mamiya 7.

For me, digital is different and I don't have any problem with the kit looking and performing differently. The good thing, IMO, is that the lenses I use on my F6 will also work on my D3- so that saves me having to spend money uneccessarily, on glass.

Back